Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by [H3D]Pendragon View Post
    those maps have HORRIBLE collision bugs.
    U can say the same about 'your maps'... badly stolen material!

...epic is still full of a bunch of morons....
    U seem to be a nice guy! (not)

I won't name any maps out of respect for hard work
    Then you should also not steal others peoples work!! (half of his material is stolen, i have prove)

Please out of respect of hard working nice guy mappers here step out and go back on stage to scream and shout a bit at your fanclub. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SmokeRingHalo View Post
    2) I never discuss "bad maps" nor do I bash peoples work. Ever.
    The only maps I discussed were my own & if you think that they're "bad" it's not very coy to say so.
    that s probably because u have respect for othas ,thx to be a gentlemanmapper

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the gameplay in Wastelands but as I have said before it's difficult to please everyone. Many people have expressed their enjoyment of it though through comments & feedback.
    I've noticed that the number of people dissatisfied with my maps increase or at least become more vocal about it in forum posts when the contest judging is going on. This can either be coincidence or an attempt to influence the judging. The same happened in phase 1 with Moltencore.
    It is difficult, I don't know if you've been (or still are) an active VCTF player, if so you should now a map with lots of camping possibilities gets annoying, same goes for vast maps. I'd suggest a fix for the camping (can shoot the flag from about any place in the flag base), place it underground or whatever, as long as it isn't isn't possible to place a vehicle on the flag and instakill any incoming enemy. making it a bit smaller would make it more fun to play as well.
    Graphic wise it's a nice map tho.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll agree that "this isn't getting anywhere" but it's a personal peeve of mine when people twist my words around that I can't help myself correcting.

1) I didn't say they were influencing the judging, I said it seems like an attempt to influence the judging. Moltencore is not only an example of people of increased complaining while judging, but also an example of not influencing the judging.
    The only maps I discussed were my own & if you think that they're "bad" it's not very coy to say so.

Usually these threads are filled with congratulatory posts and I find it sad that myself and others feel the need to defend our work from the complaints of others who disagree with the judging or are otherwise upset that they didn't make the cut. I suppose that some people are going to feel that way each phase but the way it's been expressed thus far has been appalling imo. I wouldn't be surprised if these announcement threads were closed to public discussion in the future. I would almost welcome it at this point.

did I say anything about you discussing bad maps or bashing people? And i have a right to my opinion, and regardless whether i placed or not i would have my opinion. It has nothing to do with the contest cause in reality I don't care. The only reason I even started talking in this thread is because someone mentioned to Bret Hart he still had collision issues, and he just went Lol no I got a 70 or above score I fixed them, I map for Renegade-X now look at me, so i bashed his map cause its pretty but lacks gameplay and its still broken collision wise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
    how exactly is anything we say going to influence the judging? do you really think they are going through he message boards and going you know I'm going to listen to this guy or that guy. But ehh like I said if i find anything on anyone's map I'll post it in there thread so they can fix it. Lets leave the discussion of bad maps out of this cause it isn't getting anywhere.
    I'll agree that "this isn't getting anywhere" but it's a personal peeve of mine when people twist my words around that I can't help myself correcting.

1) I didn't say they were influencing the judging, I said it seems like an attempt to influence the judging. Moltencore is not only an example of people of increased complaining while judging, but also an example of not influencing the judging.

Usually these threads are filled with congratulatory posts and I find it sad that myself and others feel the need to defend our work from the complaints of others who disagree with the judging or are otherwise upset that they didn't make the cut. I suppose that some people are going to feel that way each phase but the way it's been expressed thus far has been appalling imo. I wouldn't be surprised if these announcement threads were closed to public discussion in the future. I would almost welcome it at this point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the gameplay in Wastelands but as I have said before it's difficult to please everyone. Many people have expressed their enjoyment of it though through comments & feedback.
    I've noticed that the number of people dissatisfied with my maps increase or at least become more vocal about it in forum posts when the contest judging is going on. This can either be coincidence or an attempt to influence the judging. The same happened in phase 1 with Moltencore.
    how exactly is anything we say going to influence the judging? do you really think they are going through he message boards and going you know I'm going to listen to this guy or that guy. But ehh like I said if i find anything on anyone's map I'll post it in there thread so they can fix it. Lets leave the discussion of bad maps out of this cause it isn't getting anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Beastenator View Post
    Yes it's a good map, it has a very good design for warfare, but i'm afraid there are some minor flaws when playing it on VCTF, the teleporter has adjust rotation set to true, which can be annoying when you try to get from base to base quickly.
    Also the strong vehicles were a bit annoying, but it's the same way in suspense so no big deal there.
    I did set the teleportation rotation to true but it didn't seem to take effect, I don't know why.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Beastenator View Post
    Yes it's a good map, it has a very good design for warfare, but i'm afraid there are some minor flaws when playing it on VCTF, the teleporter has adjust rotation set to true, which can be annoying when you try to get from base to base quickly.
    Also the strong vehicles were a bit annoying, but it's the same way in suspense so no big deal there.

As for the rest, there's only one thing I still want say, I ran through all the maps that were avaible elsewhere than on fileplanet, and I noticed how a lot of these maps who made it high in the list are based on lookin' nice and special, but gameplaywise the map isn't exactly fun. Especially on wastelands that was the case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
    No, mine is VCTF-Valhara which I consider to be well designed.

As for the rest, there's only one thing I still want say, I ran through all the maps that were avaible elsewhere than on fileplanet, and I noticed how a lot of these maps who made it high in the list are based on lookin' nice and special, but gameplaywise the map isn't exactly fun. Especially on wastelands that was the case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What you just posted here isn't even close to being the truth. Neither you, nor Empty Soul, nor anyone else "told" me anything. The issues you had with the map weren't reported to me in the maps own thread, but instead were posted in other misc threads on other sites forums that I had just happened to come across by sheer luck. I then asked why it wasn't being posted in the maps own thread so that it could be addressed and only then did someone bother to come in and post about it.
    So if you didn't actually report the issues to the map's author, were you being helpful or were you just getting your "whine" on?
    I fix every issue that's reported in the maps beta thread. If you post about issues on other sites, in other forums, in other threads, who are you helping?
    Certainly not this author or my work. I don't blame you for telling me. I blame you for NOT telling me.
    We posted in that thread because we don't want to play a broken map on that server that we used to play on. Bob wouldn't take it off without good reason, so we listed the reasons, I guess I said we told you in reality we didn't, we just posted it there so we didn't have to play it no more. Oh well sorry we didn't come to your map thread our bad i guess. Blame me all you want if that makes you feel better. Next time you release something and when I do find something I'll let you know in your map thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
    To be fair, we got out of your map within 10 minutes of first playing the map, a rock didn't have collision, we actively look for these things to help mappers, and we told u accordingly. Empty Soul was having video issues for some reason on your map, so he told ya. We wasn't *****ing and alot of people found out how to get out as well. Change it if you want or not, don't blame us for telling you.
    What you just posted here isn't even close to being the truth. Neither you, nor Empty Soul, nor anyone else "told" me anything. The issues you had with the map weren't reported to me in the maps own thread, but instead were posted in other misc threads on other sites forums that I had just happened to come across by sheer luck. I then asked why it wasn't being posted in the maps own thread so that it could be addressed and only then did someone bother to come in and post about it.
    So if you didn't actually report the issues to the map's author, were you being helpful or were you just getting your "whine" on?
    I fix every issue that's reported in the maps beta thread. If you post about issues on other sites, in other forums, in other threads, who are you helping?
    Certainly not this author or my work. I don't blame you for telling me. I blame you for NOT telling me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To be fair, we got out of your map within 10 minutes of first playing the map, a rock didn't have collision, we actively look for these things to help mappers, and we told u accordingly. Empty Soul was having video issues for some reason on your map, so he told ya. We wasn't *****ing and alot of people found out how to get out as well. Change it if you want or not, don't blame us for telling you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know where Bret is coming from because you can't satisfy everyone. I had people "helpfully" suggest changes to 'wastelands' only to turn around and complain about those same changes after they were made.
    As for every map being 'breakable', i guess if someones looking hard enough to break it they will eventually succeed. I put blocking volumes around all my maps to keep players in only to have someone post later that they've found a way out. To those type of players I say, Congratulations, but I'm not redoing all the blocking volumes to keep in one player who tried so hard to get out anyway.
    Most people are helpful, but many others are just annoying for the sake of being annoying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No more replies? Im sure you can't resist a sneaky peek at the thread still though huh
    Your problem is you take criticism entirely the wrong way. No one said your map was awful (at least not on here anyway?). Just that it needs work to make it great. Folks have politely made you aware of serious game stopping bugs/issues in your map. Yet rather than take the comments constructively and show an effort to fix the issues, you boast what a great and professional mapper you are instead Which is wishful thinking on your part, to put it mildly. Im not surprised you've been called arrogant.

Pop!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wael View Post
    Modest much? Seriously you need to calm down a bit and stop being so arrogant, that is if you wish to further yourself as a mapper. And trust me you are far from being a really great mapper.
    And BTW Oldskool you were being a ***** too. You can't consider yourself as being helpful if you ridicule the people you're trying to help.
    No, not arrogant. Just confident. We could go back and forth like a ping-pong game on this internet board, but I choose not to reply anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X