No announcement yet.

MSUC Phase 2 VCTF Level Finalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if the map still had major issues as you claim it to have, then why did my map score 70 or more to make the list? Is it because the judges didnt see the glitch, or they saw it and chose to ignore it, or did I actually fix it? I'll let you ponder on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
      Well if the map still had major issues as you claim it to have, then why did my map score 70 or more to make the list? Is it because the judges didnt see the glitch, or they saw it and chose to ignore it, or did I actually fix it? I'll let you ponder on that one.
      Oldskool0482 Says:
      lololololololololololol Reading everything you write down makes me laugh so much.

First off whether u got in to the top 10 don't mean you will win, second off, have you noticed that any of the 3 servers that actually get populated don't have your map on them??? Why do you say? Because your maps generally have bad game play. I broke Timberland within 2 minutes after I first got it, I broke Valharra within 2 minutes when I first got on it. You can make beautiful maps I'll give you that, but lets get any good vctf player and ask them about your map, we can judge off of them whether your maps are good or not. Regardless give me your fixed version i guarantee I'll break it. Stop acting like your **** don't stink cause it does, just like the rest of us.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=623211&page=4 if you want to read about the fixes you made.

Comment

Aaaaaand welcome to my ignore list.

Comment

lol, u may think I'm just some troll, but I actually play this game alot and know good maps and bad ones when I see them.

Comment

You should listen more to what people have to say instead of ignoring them Bret, generally people are trying to be positive and helpful, pretending the problems don't exist won't help you improve your work in any way. As a professional, you should know this.

I rarely pass criticism on maps in public in these forums, but I always try to be helpful if I see a map has had a lot of work put into it, and I can see obvious flaws. You once suggested that I should test your maps thoroughly before you release them, as I seemed to be able to find all the collision bugs that you miss... that's because I always check my maps thoroughly for collision issues before releasing them to the general public, including my betas. I do the same with any beta I download, good collisions in VCTF are ever so important, you simply can't have someone hiding inside a mesh with the flag, as this is classed as a game destroying bug in my book. How the judges of the MSUC perceive this is another matter, they probably have little or no experience of online VCTF anyway.

In the past, I have offered you the chance to play with us and beta test your maps with real people (bots really are useless for gameplay testing), I guess the offer still stands, although I am now a member of the Hedsteem VCTF community, they have a full-time VCTF testing server too. If you like, I can ask Wup to give you a Ventrilo account, assuming you have a mic.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this... be positive, be humble, respect and listen to what others have to say, more often than not their points are valid, even if you can find a good reason to disagree with them. We're all here to help each other improve our mapping skills, and by looking for flaws in ours and others work, we are constantly striving to understand what makes the perfect VCTF map. Ultimately we want real players to enjoy our maps and have fun, the MSUC is just the icing on the cake.

: )

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
              You should listen more to what people have to say instead of ignoring them Bret, generally people are trying to be positive and helpful, pretending the problems don't exist won't help you improve your work in any way. As a professional, you should know this.

I rarely pass criticism on maps in public in these forums, but I always try to be helpful if I see a map has had a lot of work put into it, and I can see obvious flaws. You once suggested that I should test your maps thoroughly before you release them, as I seemed to be able to find all the collision bugs that you miss... that's because I always check my maps thoroughly for collision issues before releasing them to the general public, including my betas. I do the same with any beta I download, good collisions in VCTF are ever so important, you simply can't have someone hiding inside a mesh with the flag, as this is classed as a game destroying bug in my book. How the judges of the MSUC perceive this is another matter, they probably have little or no experience of online VCTF anyway.

In the past, I have offered you the chance to play with us and beta test your maps with real people (bots really are useless for gameplay testing), I guess the offer still stands, although I am now a member of the Hedsteem VCTF community, they have a full-time VCTF testing server too. If you like, I can ask Wup to give you a Ventrilo account, assuming you have a mic.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this... be positive, be humble, respect and listen to what others have to say, more often than not their points are valid, even if you can find a good reason to disagree with them. We're all here to help each other improve our mapping skills, and by looking for flaws in ours and others work, we are constantly striving to understand what makes the perfect VCTF map. Ultimately we want real players to enjoy our maps and have fun, the MSUC is just the icing on the cake.

: )

Not that you was sticking up for me or anything, but I agree with everything you said Plugh. I personally think ur the best VCTF mapmaker the community has. You understand the game type and how to map accordingly. Congrats on making the top ten.

Comment

Thanks man, you're too kind!

: D

Comment

No Problrm, you have been kind enough to make 3 really great original maps for us vctf'ers, its the least i could do.

Comment

No, I don't consider "lololollololololololollolololololollol" being helpful. I can tell this topic is nothing but bret hart bashing, so I'm outta here. I have managed to join the renegade-x team because I'm a really great mapper. If you disagree with that then I'm sorry. Good day to everybody.

Comment

You're the one trying to make this thread all about Bret Hart gloryfying - and coming from yourself that's ten time worse to be honest

Comment

Well I wouldn't have lolololololo'ed u if you didn't act like all your maps are awesome, because most of the vctf players, yes players who actually play the maps and not sit in the editor don't like them. Remember good players will do things in your maps that u will never dream of them doing in your map, thats what makes them good players, you have to take that into account. Valharra was originally a war map, that didn't do so hot so u went and converted it to a vctf map. Thats fine and all but its way to big to be a vctf map to begin with, and the layout of it don't help with flag running/protection. Now I can hear your argument TEAMWORK TEAMWORK! but if you played at all in these last 12 months instead of sitting int he editor all the time u would know that in a pub vctf server u don't get that, maybe u get one guy helping towards your general overall goal, the rest of the people go off and camp, and or do there own thing. yes competition style matches sure there is teamwork, but as I said this won't get chosen for a comp match, because its badly designed for a VCTF map.

And u joined a mapping team because ur a super great mapper, keep tooting your own horn, it just makes u look like a bigger *** than ur already perceived.

I know you put me on ignore, maybe you haven't but Plugh is right you should listen to other people when they suggest things. You don't have to take there changes into account but you should at least listen and let people play test your map before u release it, with actual players and not bots. Just remember nothing u ever do will be perfect and someone will always be able to break it. Try as you might no map is unbreakable, as I'm sure ur gonna say you know because after all your Brett Hart you know everything there is about mapping. I will leave you with a saying that you tell a lot of people... Your Lighting needs some work.

Comment

*Double Post*

Comment

I have managed to join the renegade-x team because I'm a really great mapper.
                            Modest much? Seriously you need to calm down a bit and stop being so arrogant, that is if you wish to further yourself as a mapper. And trust me you are far from being a really great mapper.
                            And BTW Oldskool you were being a ***** too. You can't consider yourself as being helpful if you ridicule the people you're trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by wael View Post
                              Modest much? Seriously you need to calm down a bit and stop being so arrogant, that is if you wish to further yourself as a mapper. And trust me you are far from being a really great mapper.
                              And BTW Oldskool you were being a ***** too. You can't consider yourself as being helpful if you ridicule the people you're trying to help.
                              Well I'm just sick of hearing him talk about how great he is to everyone, so i went off oh well its over and done with.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
                                have you noticed that any of the 3 servers that actually get populated don't have your map on them???
                                In everyone's defense though, CTF-andACTION consistently had more than 20 servers playing it. I would never trust server popularity to judge a map's worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X