Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1,000,000 Intel Make Something Unreal Contest Now Accepting Entries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that's just way too long...

Comment

The contest is 4 phases long, followed up by a final round. Each phase is a mini contest complete with its own set of prizes.

Comment

so we have to wait till 31st august 2009 for the results of phase 1!

or is that just for phase 4.......

Comment

Originally posted by Badass_Cyborg View Post
          so we have to wait till 31st august 2009 for the results of phase 1!

or is that just for phase 4.......
          not sure myself mate just waiting to see what happens

Comment

I know that phase 4 deadling is aug 31, 2009 but I don't see anything about judgement for phase one...

Comment

Hey guys. The Phase 1 page on www.makesomethingunreal.com is up to date. If you submitted a entry by the deadline and it's not listed there, please drop me a line at jeff@epicgames.com.

Comment

great job wartourist
                wow theres alot of entries

Comment

Cheers WarTourist!
                  My map hasn't been listed yet, so I've sent you a message.

Comment

If I found a tiny mistake in my map, is it too late to re-submit it now?

Comment

How long can we expect for results? It looks like 5 years ago, they waited all the way up to the end of the year. How could it possibly take that long? I'll go nuts if it does.

Comment

http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/phase1.aspx

I noticed DM-Calibrah was there, too bad he's 16 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
                          I believe mod makers don't actually even own legal copyrights to their own content anyway so technically Epic has legal authority over it anyway. (Note: That's the way it is for several games like Halo... not sure about Unreal)
                          You are, kind of, wrong.

First of all, ownership is a complicated issue...

If you create a total conversion MOD, meaning you replace 100% of the art content of a game, then you are the (copyright) owner of your art work. Though, this work would have to be totally original, and not an obvious clone of the game, art wise. I don't know of any studio that will lay claim to your work if you use their game as a basis for your Total Conversion MOD. But if you are just "tweaking" the original game settings, then of course the studio will own that work.

The real nasty issue most MODs face, is the fact that so many team members work on the MOD content, making it virtually impossible to know who owns what.

If there are studios who are claiming MODDer' work, then list them here. I would personally steer clear of their games.

Comment

Working...
                          X