Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1,000,000 Intel Make Something Unreal Contest Now Accepting Entries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have A question:
    It says that winners need to provied a (ITIN) Individual Taxpayer Identification Number How does a non US resident get one of these, I live in New Zealand, I know nothing of this. Iv asked my parents and they say only US citizens can have one so that sugests that If I win I wont get anything.

EDIT. NEVERMIND, I just noticed this “18 years old and who are lawful residents of the 50 U.S. states 18 years old and who are lawful residents of the 50 U.S. states” dont know how I missed it I read so much on the rules.
    Well thats a kick in the guts for me I got quite excited, what a bumer of a day this is, I guess ill be told im disqualified.. didnt realise it was restricted to the US... Iv been looking forward to this competition.. all for nothing

EDIT (AGAIN :S)
    So after reading a bit more it seems english speaking countries are aligable.. so confusing, If so I still know nothing of this ITIN number we must provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
      right then.

If a moderator can help me with this it would be appreciated.

As outlined in my previous posts im getting an error message upon uploading my tool. to rule out my computer causing the problem, i have now tried on three different computers on my LAN

Do you have any idea why this is not working?

Kind Regards
      Brad

Two days later, i still have this problem.... the deadline is getting close now..

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
        I have A question:
        It says that winners need to provied a (ITIN) Individual Taxpayer Identification Number How does a non US resident get one of these, I live in New Zealand, I know nothing of this. Iv asked my parents and they say only US citizens can have one so that sugests that If I win I wont get anything.

EDIT. NEVERMIND, I just noticed this “18 years old and who are lawful residents of the 50 U.S. states 18 years old and who are lawful residents of the 50 U.S. states” dont know how I missed it I read so much on the rules.
        Well thats a kick in the guts for me I got quite excited, what a bumer of a day this is, I guess ill be told im disqualified.. didnt realise it was restricted to the US... Iv been looking forward to this competition.. all for nothing

EDIT (AGAIN :S)
        So after reading a bit more it seems english speaking countries are aligable.. so confusing, If so I still know nothing of this ITIN number we must provide.
        I'm confused, so is this contest open to everyone or only to English speaking countries (USA, UK, etc.). If the second is true then this is nonsense, I haven't participated in previous MSU contests, but I though it was open to everyone.

I would appreciate it if someone would clear this up.

EDIT: OK after reading, and rereading the rules, it says that people form other countries can participate in the contest IF: they are 18 years of age or older, speak English, the contest is legal in their country, and if the country in question isn't subject to US embargo.

So in other words you and me have nothing to worrie about...

Comment

Sweet, I don't suppose you know anything about the Taxpayer ID number? anyone?

Hey BRAD.G if you get real desperate and are having problems, you can PM me your details and I will upload for you (with your details of causes)!

Comment

I have submitted a new version of BTFA (submitted V7 before, submitted V9.1 now) to the Make Something Unreal contest now (http://www.makesomethingunreal.com). I got confirmation for this submissions and included the confirmation URL in this posting.

Battle Team/Freezetag Arena V9.1
            http://www.fileplanet.com/files/180000/188122.shtml

Contest Category: Best New Game Type, Best Use of Physics

Description: "Battle Team/Freezetag Arena (BTFA) contains 4 game types where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this. With Battle Team Arena (BTA) you can die only once. Once all members of a team are eliminated the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game. With Battle Freezetag Arena (BFA) instead of getting killed you can get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen or dead the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game."

Additional Info: "This is a new version (I already submitted V7 a while ago). I would like to submit frozen pawn handling in the "Best Use of Physics" category. Latest release notes: http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/vi...hp?f=29&t=1454 (plus copy of the text there)"

Comment

So basically your "invention" is just a remake of the ut99 game type LMS (last man standing) and Freeze Tag (also a custom game type of ut99).

Comment

No its the remake of the TAM (Team Arena Master) Mod for Quake, then for UT2k4.

Basically it's Last-Team-Standing.

Comment

I submitted a warfare map to the MSU contest already, but I found a problem that only happens when playing online. Can I submit a 1.1 version if I get it fixed before the deadline in three days?

Comment

I have the same problem as Brad.G already posted. After uploading the message "The page you are looking for can not be found" appears. Has anyone an idea whats wrong?
                    I used different PCs and browsers with Java and cookies activated.

Comment

Same problem here

"The page you are looking for can not be found"

Comment

I am getting the same error, from home (2 computers) and from work (1 computer).

Comment

whats the deadline GMT time on the 27th of june ??

Comment

Hmm, time to find that editor executable...

Good luck everyone.

And by the way, the TIN number, any general tips on non-US contestants to get one or something which does the same?

Comment

Successful Entry!

Your entry has been successfully submitted. The URL below will be available to you shortly with downloads for your entry from FilePlanet. If the download servers do not appear, try again in a bit as our process is mirroring your file to all our servers. We will process your entry and it will be available on FilePlanet.

Good luck in the contest!
                              Man it's been a long week getting my entry together :tired:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615433

Comment

I just got mine to go thru. If anyone is still having an issue, check the text you are submitting. I cleared the entire "Additional Info (Changelog, Readme.txt):" box and it was successful. You may first try going thru and removing any non-alpha numeric characters and submitting it. If that does not work, try doing it with that field empty (its not a required field.)

- Galtanor

Comment

Working...
                                X