Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1,000,000 Intel Make Something Unreal Contest Now Accepting Entries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet again, we've been 2-weeks'd by Mark Rein

As for Bazz... from what I've seen if the map pays homage to another map it's allowed. Obviously the line becomes grayer as the two become more and more similar... but I'd say unless you physically ripped anything from the map without permission, it should be okay. I believe mod makers don't actually even own legal copyrights to their own content anyway so technically Epic has legal authority over it anyway. (Note: That's the way it is for several games like Halo... not sure about Unreal)

But I'm not an Epic employee or anything...

Comment

So for instance I made DM-Conveyor remake for UT3, and I did the entire layout from scratch, that'd be ok right?

Comment

Yes, you made it from scratch. i mean you never loaded the original map and started to edit on it. so its pretty much okay.

Comment

Since you can submit as many entries as you want, is there anything to lose if you just submit every map you've made?

Comment

when the rules say : "All Submissions must be available for free public download at the time of submission."

do you mean a direct download link on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Staticnova View Post
              Yes, you made it from scratch. i mean you never loaded the original map and started to edit on it. so its pretty much okay.
              That's exactly what I'm sayin

Comment

does anyone else get thgis after uploading an entry?

[shot]http://www.g-technology.co.uk/screen.jpg[/shot]

Comment

OK this is really ******* me off. I've tried uploading my DM-Wasteland map 4 times now and every time I get:"Warning an error accured. Thread was being aborted" and the upload freezes.

Comment

Yeah I'd say something is messed up with the site, maybe try later?

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                      Yeah I'd say something is messed up with the site, maybe try later?
                      ive left it since friday, and tried on sunday night and stll got the same error

Comment

yeh im yet to upload as well as it keeps stopping while uploading...

Comment

Too bad i can't participate in this contest - i'm the worst level designer and mod creator ever

Comment

Originally posted by WeeDee View Post
                            Too bad i can't participate in this contest - i'm the worst level designer and mod creator ever
                            everyone was at one point. determination to persist and learn, will reward greatly in the future

Comment

I wasn't a great mapper at first but it took me about 3 years of practice to become really good

Comment

It still doesn't work. Is anybody else getting this **** error.

Comment

Working...
                                X