Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1,000,000 Intel Make Something Unreal Contest Now Accepting Entries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1,000,000 Intel Make Something Unreal Contest Now Accepting Entries!

Hi folks,

The official $1,000,000 Intel Make Something Unreal Contest site is now up and running and accepting entries between now and June 27th for Phase I of the contest. You can see the full rules, categories and prizes on the site now as well.

If you're making a mod and worry you won't be able to get it done in time for June 27th, don't fear, you can always enter in later contest phases. In addition you can enter your mod in this phase and enter improved versions of it in later phases as well. The contest runs until the end of 2009 so there's plenty of time to Make Something Unreal!

Looking for an awesome resource for the toolset that comes with Unreal Tournament 3? Check out 3DBuzz.com for some awesome training videos. There are over 100 "How do I..." videos that focus in on specific topics plus some more general training videos as well. To find them click on "Unreal Tech" in the left-hand column. Those making UT3 maps that use only built-in UT3 content should consider entering 3DBuzz's Old School Level Design Contest". You can enter their contest and also enter the $1,000,000 Intel Make Something Unreal Contest and double your chances of winning a prize!

Good luck to those entering the contest!

I can't wait to see what spawns from this contest! It almost makes me want to cancel my pre-order for the 360 and buy it for PC, just for all the cool mods.

Comment

Edit nevermind

Comment

looks like i better get version 6 of the tweaker finished up

Comment

Nothing like a deadline to make everyone rush to procrastinate even harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
            Nothing like a deadline to make everyone rush to procrastinate even harder.
            **** straight

Comment

When will we know the winners from Phase 1?
              At the beginning of Phase 2.. or sooner?

Comment

i think that by and large, with stuff like this going down, we all are winners. awards and prizes aside though.and it is running until when? the end of next year? wowsers.good luck all and cheers.

Comment

I have submitted my MODs to the Make Something Unreal contest now (http://www.makesomethingunreal.com). I got confirmation for all these submissions and included the confirmation URLs in this posting.

BattleRPG V10.1
                  http://www.fileplanet.com/187714/180...attleRPG-V10.1

Contest Category: Best Mutator, Best New Game Type, Best New Weapon, Best Use of Physics

Description: "A completely operational RPG for UT3 which supports all UT3 game types! Features levels, experience, Mana, magic weapons, artifacts, player classes (optional) and FULL ability management. BattleRPG is highly customizable."

Additional Info: "Please note the included Invasion MOD is NOT part of my submission. It's only about BattleRPG. I would like to to submit BattleRPG Magic Weapons in the "Best New Weapon" and BattleRPG Quantum Magic in the "Best Use of Physics" categories. Latest release notes: http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/vi...hp?f=24&t=1164 (plus copy of the text there)"

Battle Team/Freezetag Arena V7
                  http://www.fileplanet.com/187716/180...zetag-Arena-V7

Contest Category: Best New Game Type, Best Use of Physics

Description: "Battle Team/Freezetag Arena (BTFA) contains 4 game types where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this. With Battle Team Arena (BTA) you can die only once. Once all members of a team are eliminated the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game. With Battle Freezetag Arena (BFA) instead of getting killed you can get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen or dead the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game. Battle Instagib Arena is identical to BTA, but every player gets a Instagib rifle. Battle Insta Freeze Arena is identical to BFA, but every player gets a Instagib rifle and thaw speed is doubled."

Additional Info: "I would like to submit frozen pawn handling in the "Best Use of Physics" category. Latest release notes: http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/vi...hp?f=29&t=1271 (plus copy of the text there)"

BattleTRANS V3.2
                  http://www.fileplanet.com/187718/180...ttleTRANS-V3.2

Contest Category: Best Mutator

Description: "The BattleTRANS mutator contains a faster translocator with camera and a faster hoverboard. BattleTRANS supports every gametype including BattleRPG, Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena. If someone has an orb or a flag the translocator is automatically replaced with the hoverboard. BattleTRANS is highly configurable."

Additional Info: "Latest release notes: http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/vi...hp?f=25&t=1180 (plus copy of the text there)"

BattleMOD V5
                  http://www.fileplanet.com/187720/180...o/BattleMOD-V5

Contest Category: Best Mutator

Description: "This mutator allows you to tune many aspects of UT3 like weapon switching speed, fire rate of weapons, walking speed, extra starting health, health regeneration, extra high jumping, dodge jumping, max ammo, ammo regeneration and starting the game with all weapons. Everything is fully configurable so you can choose which settings you want to use."

Comment

I thought you were limited to one entry? ... just as i read in the rules, that you may submit up to three entries, just the last entry you make by the close of the phase would be judged...

Comment

Hi Brad.G, you can submit as many different mods as you like.

We just don't want the same mod to be submitted more than once within the same phase unless there are visible improvements.

Comment

Hi,
                        ive submitted two entries fine, but the third gives an error.

Upon the upload finishing, it directs me to:
                        The page you are looking for can not be found
                        as i have not received a confirmation email for the submission i presume it has not been submitted?

Comment

i m confused. date of phase 1 is 27th 06.2008, but now i can submit my work. must i submit my work now or it 26th june also okay?

Comment

I believe it is a deadline for submission.

Comment

I have a question, I made CTF-Safeguard, Its layout is based on user made map for UT1, I have made this map from the ground up with epics content. becuase this layout is not my idea, even though I made it, would I be able to enter this?

Also I was hoping to enter my next map CTF-Dreary, this is odviously based on epics dreary layout, even if I make it all does that again mean I could not enter unless my own layout, even if I make it??

In the end its an idea made by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X