Radeon 800xt problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radeon 800xt problem

I have a Dell XPS Gen 4 with a 3.46 ghz cpu, 2 gig ram and a radeon 800xt. the games runs fine but I'm getting this message saying the card is running at an unsafe temperature I've never seen this happen before, I installed the latest drivers....same issue. Any ideas (besides get a new Nvidia card )? Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks

Maybe your cards fan is dead? Just open the case and see if it runs when the computer is on.

Comment

The fan is running. I haven't seen this problem before, I'll have to try several other games and see if I can pin it down to either the card itself or UT.

Comment

It can also happen that if there is a lot of dust in the fan it cannot blow out enough air to cool properly. If it's very dusty try if you can clean it. If you are experienced and feel comfortable in doing so you can take the fan of to clean it properly but if not it sohuld also help to jsut try getting the dust out while it's mounted.

Comment

800 series is renowned for overheating issues... im not joking here the stock cooler considers temperatures of over 91 degrees dangerous... and it only starts to run at 100% when it is 91 degrees. soon as it goes back to 90 it shuts down to like 60% speed... so basically you get an overheat message your card starts beeping and fan kicks in cools it but soon as its a degree under warning it slows down again... nice had a x850XT PE myself but finally upgraded to an 8800GTS long story short... you either need to replace the stock cooler OR get a new card... certain engines make this overheat whilst other dont.. aka HL2 max all = OK C&C 3 max all = OK BUT tomb raider legends low all = overheat titan quest low all = overheat

its all engine based it seems

Comment

Working...
          X