Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen when starting UT3 HELP!

Hi!
    I've been trying to get ut3 up and running since the demo release. My computer is able to run it; I just reformatted and updated every driver.
    3500amb
    2gig ram
    6800 geforce 250mb
    with a large/fast hard drive, I don't know the stats on it, but I know its good.

I tried before I reformatted, and I got the same error. Anyone have this issue before? Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

HELP PLEASE!

What OS do you use?

Comment

XP Full Edition.

Comment

Any idea?

Comment

Clueless

Bump! Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by in_175bpm View Post
            Bump! Bump!
            Still can't figure it out.

Comment

FIXED! It was the resolution!

Comment

What is 'IT'?

I got the same problem..

Comment

help !

Originally posted by in_175bpm View Post
                  FIXED! It was the resolution!
                  what resolution did it work on? my screen becomes black too and then the pc restarts

pls help ,annything thats mabye work

Comment

same here!!! post if u find out what to do.

Comment

UT3 gives me a black screen after the splash logo for about 10-ish seconds.

Give it about 2 minutes and if still nothing, then you have a problem.

Comment

Its probably the refresh rate or resoultion...If the resolution or refresh rate is higher than what your monitor can display your monitor will probably go blank since the frequency is out of range.

Comment

Originally posted by PricklyPoo View Post
                          Its probably the refresh rate or resoultion...If the resolution or refresh rate is higher than what your monitor can display your monitor will probably go blank since the frequency is out of range.
                          That's an odd one, my monitor is 1280x1024 75Hz native.
                          I can still run the demo at 1600x1200 with 100 frames per second (on the menu) and get a picture.
                          Whether or not the picture looks like *** however is a whole seperate issue

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrburn View Post
                            That's an odd one, my monitor is 1280x1024 75Hz native.
                            I can still run the demo at 1600x1200 with 100 frames per second (on the menu) and get a picture.
                            Whether or not the picture looks like *** however is a whole seperate issue
                            Are you on a crt? If so this is probably why because they handle much higher refresh rates and such without going nuts and blanking out.

Comment

Working...
                            X