Server browser showing mostly broken 24/24 no name servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server browser showing mostly broken 24/24 no name servers

Half my list is populated by servers lacking name, ping and map, instead they show players 24/24, and you can't connect to them, it just says "connecting" until you cancel, I double clicked one of them and ate breakfast, came back 20~ mins later, still "connecting"

The pings and players are sorted wrong, it only cares about the value of each digit, not it's absolute value, = 100 2 31 344 41 5345 58 6 etc, dedicated servers show the map names differently, they're allcaps, no caps and vctf-<map> depending on the gametype and dedicated, I guess it's a good thing since the browser lacks the flags/icons, it has a tab for them but none are shown.

Servers of any gametype get listed it seems, doesn't seem to matter what I choose, it still shows a mixed bag of DM TDM and VCTF.

Seems also a lot of servers are missing, I know for a fact there are a bunch of multiplay servers, and even with showing empty and full servers I see only 4.

ISP: Bredbandsbolaget (large and reputable Swedish ISP), I'm on 24Mbit DSL.

I love the game, it feels awesome and has very few bugs (taunt anim while walking) but the menu and browser are both sub par, I could learn to live with the menus if you added in all the missing stuff from UT2004, like setting up crosshairs and binding most stuff, but I can't live with that browser, it makes the task of joining a server a chore, When I find a server I can connect to with good ping I stay there until I have to exit the game, it's just not comfortable to use.

How did the browser pass Q/A? It's broken in several quite obvious ways.

same here, all of the above

Comment

Same problems here.

And the inability to change your nick on the fly while browsing and joining games is just amazing. How could they think that's a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
        How did the browser pass Q/A? It's broken in several quite obvious ways.
        It was sent to GameSpy and the people there thought... ..."Hey, works perfectly."

Comment

And why would my game have an icon telling me which servers support keyboard/mouse?

That's just lazy/sloppy as far as I'm concerned. Please take the time to make this version specific for PC.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
            Please take the time to make this version specific for PC.
            Word. that goes for both ui, settings and browser.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
              Please take the time to make this version specific for PC.
              Agreed. The biggest fear of a lot of people was a "consolified" UT3. And it seems at least for the UI (and to some degree for the vehicles) this has happened.

Comment

Agree completely with the interface. IMO, if they're going to 'simplify' the interface to such an extent, they really need to have an advanced interface option. Honestly, I'd be happy with the ancient UT99 interface, I'd prefer that to what's here now. Sure, the UT2k4 interface was complex, but it was useful. Tons of options, features, etc. The same could be said of the UT99 one, in fact it even allowed multitasking! Every iteration has a better looking, but less functional menu.

If you want a good modern interface, look at Source. It's actually very similar to the old UT99 interface, but obviously a lot nicer looking. This is the way a PC interface should be, not the consolized, huge pages with few options per page and tons of navigation. With a high res PC monitor, we have plenty of space to put as many options as possible on one page - use the space, this isn't a console game... or is it?

Comment

the serverbrowser rally suxx

pls fix it...

Comment

hey guys, there's a bunch of multiplay servers you can all join with great smooth gameplay, if you check the primo server's sticky in the beta demo thread, those server's all work great, epic know there's problems with the browser and there going to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by H@buster View Post
                      the serverbrowser rally suxx

pls fix it...
                      best post yet

i'm hating the new ui. i miss ut2003's
                      maybe they could add support to mod the ui?

Comment

The server browser seems to be broken on my PC. The filtering doesn't work properly, i.e. check box to not display empty server (or full servers? i don't remember) and the server list shows these servers I don't want listed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zhoste View Post
                          best post yet

i'm hating the new ui. i miss ut2003's
                          maybe they could add support to mod the ui?

Plz bring back ut2k3 browser +1 TABS for all gametypes not dropdown menus.

Comment

Is there a way to bypass the problem shown above? doing "open server" in the console doesn't help for me sadly. I can't seem to figure out the url thingie for UT3 (I tried ut3:// doesnt work)

Comment

same problem

Comment

Working...
                              X