The Sensible Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sensible Thread

Come on all you closet sensible people, don't let the screaming hoards drown us out!
    Before we try to flame Epic into giving up on games and becoming an accountancy-software company (and I admit I'd be tempted too looking at today's forums), lets see if we can't get somewhere with what we've got, ay?

Now look, we're in pretty much the same position as the (takes a deep breath) Quake guys were when the QW beta came out, right?
    So, that being the case, let's figure out how to make this thing work for us.

Ok, I'll start;
    Other than being all Pro-U leet and reducing the GFX setting to nil, has anyone figured out a good way to improve player visibility?

I can't be the only one who finds players too hard to see - screw the brightskins, I found UT2k4's default playerskins to be pretty much perfect in terms of stealth/visibilty, with only the odd exception.. (M'm'm'm'atrix!) [/Mr crow voice]

So, lets try & fix it with what we have to hand. Any INI tweaks, or in-game settings values to improve the player visibility would be a great start.
    Any takers?

i dont think is hard to see the players, but i hate the armors!!! why the aremors have to be so big?? look very bad, the players look like robots!!!

Comment

Let's be sensible indeed and try to cut through the fawning ignoramuses.

The game is ugly
      The avatars are lumbering masses devoid of the ever promised facial expressions
      The maps are small and full of dead ends identical to a console game
      The color palette is poor,and requires the highlight in order to see other players
      Movement is awfully slow and lumbering dodging is a joke
      The entire game has completely regressed to UT99 finesse...

The maps seem sooty and depressing

Why would anyone spend time in a place that looks like the South Bronx?
      Maybe the designers thought that grungy means hip.
      It all looks like a torn page from a teenager's homework

Ah,the weapons are better detailed,how nice!
      And hey a huge hulking killing machine awesome!
      Well it's just a beta,and it will be fixed before release

rofl

Comment

Originally posted by BigJim View Post
        Ok, I'll start;
        Other than being all Pro-U leet and reducing the GFX setting to nil, has anyone figured out a good way to improve player visibility?
        Actually ProU has an ini that uncaps fps, improves visibility, and also keeps the game looking great. Maybe you should try it next time instead of crapping all over it from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by t3kt0n View Post
          The maps are small and full of dead ends identical to a console game
          The color palette is poor,and requires the highlight in order to see other players.

The maps seem sooty and depressing

Why would anyone spend time in a place that looks like the South Bronx?
          Maybe the designers thought that grungy means hip.
          It all looks like a torn page from a teenager's homework
          Can I just point out tht i doubt all of the maps r like this, we've seen wht, 3 maps? Besides, the community will defenitely be able to make us some good maps.

tho i cant really talk, stupid comp not capable of playing the demo

Comment

Working...
          X