Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Competitive Community Impressed, Excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competitive Community Impressed, Excited!

Greetings,

I'm writing this on behalf of the Gameradius (Competitive UT) IRC network and ProUnreal.com. We would like to thank Epic for a job well done on UT3 thus far. You guys really stepped up to the plate and converted even some of the biggest doubters into believers (myself being one of them.)

Some things people are talking about in the competitive community that they are in love with.

MOVEMENT:
    The greatest part of the game so far. You brought back what gave Unreal Tournament it's long term success, fast paced, skillful movement. Fast paced fragging has indeed returned. No more floaty Nintendo Kirby's!

WEAPONS:
    So far everyone seems to be enjoying the weapons. I think the only "complaint" MIGHT be the goo gun, we'll have to wait and see. Everything seem very well balanced. The pulse gun was the biggest improvement from UT 2004, that's for sure. Again, excellent job on the weapons.

TRANSLOCATOR:
    Fixed. Some UT99 CTF players still aren't "thrilled" about the limit, but the speed, distance, and overall feel is a job well done. The charge speed is fast enough to where I don't see it being a problem in terms of running out of trans.

PISTON BOOT JUMPS:
    The mighty piston boot jump combo from UT99 has made it's return. You get about the same distance and speed. The competitive CTF scene will be alive and well because of this.

Be ready to see the competitive community erupt with a lot of clans, tournaments, and leagues. One site has already gone up on UT3 Beta Release: www.unrealna.com

Thanks again!

Whatever you do, Epic, do NOT listen to anyone on this or any forum who says change things back to how they were in UT2004. UT3 will be good with the direction you guys have taken it. n1. :-)

Comment

I agree with the above, and would also like to thank sLY1838 and T2A` for this thread, with all the 2k4/cs/whatever fan boys about bad mouthing UT3 people who love it need to speak up for themselves. I've said it once, I'll say it again, just fix the bugs and you've got a winner.

Comment

nice job sLY1838. Glad to hear that the pro community is enjoying the demo. I'm loving the demo, it's absolutely wicked fun. The shock rifle pwns

Comment

>This game is freaking awesome!!!

Comment

Yeah the goo gun is my one complaint too.

The trajectory and such is just liek flaks alt fire, but wayyy less powerful.
            The chargeup is so slow.

The UT99 goo gun was one of my most used weapons. I'd always use it wheni picekd it up, hold a charge, and use it as my first shot on soemone. Either I'd instakill them, or I'd miss in which case i'd switch to another weapon to kill them.

I find the bio rifle to be the only weapon I don't use in UT3. All the otehrs seem perfeclty balanced.
            Well.. dual enforcers burst could be better by making them both fire at the same time, and the burst fire even faster..

Comment

There is some tweaking to do but I think this game will own.

Comment

Hi.

I am also a competive player from gameradius/prounreal.

Sly is 100% correct. Great job epic. The Beta Demo is amazing. Cannot wait for full version.

PS.

I liked 2k* series

Comment

It bears repeating that sly was very negative in his views on the ProU forums before the demo, so his endorsement now is a bit of a mea culpa.

There'll be some tweaking of the weapons before the release, of course (goo? stinger?). The movement is outstanding. The possibilities for competitive TDM and CTF are huge. The mapmakers of the community are already licking their chops.

And the best part? The rock solid core of the game will make this great for both the competitive community and the more casual gamers

Two thumbs way up to the Epic developers. Don't let a few naysayers pulling numbers out of their butts get you down. You done good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rentage View Post
                    It should be noted that sly was very negative in his views on the ProU forums before the demo, so his endorsement now is a bit of a mea culpa.

There'll be some tweaking of the weapons before the release, of course (goo? stinger?). The movement is outstanding. The possibilities for competitive TDM and CTF are huge. The mapmakers of the community are already licking their chops.

And the best part? The rock solid core of the game will make this great for both the competitive community and the more casual gamers

Two thumbs way up to the Epic developers. Don't let a few naysayers pulling numbers out of their butts get you down. You done good.
                    Mod makers too. God I can't wait to make mods.
                    I just hope the game sells a good 5 or 10 million copies so there are plenty to play the mods.

Comment

UT3 feels far more competitive then 2k4, and at the same time it has far more fun-factor. Gj.

Comment

Originally posted by sLY1838 View Post
                        TRANSLOCATOR:
                        How exactly?

Comment

The weapons are vastly improved all over. Sniper is maybe a bit unexciting but I guess I'll get used to it. I think this game might just be big for competition.

Now if we can just get multihoming to work maybe we can connect to our servers.

Comment

Yes epic did a job wel done concerning gameplay and balancing the movement, scaling, weapons and pickups.
                            Even vctf plays way more better with the improved vehicles. I had lots of fun playing this betademo, especially playing DM over lan against my brother.

Only minors are the menu's and that the game crash randomly, but it's a betademo so I know it has it flaws and errors.

I started as a UT2K4 player, and I did played a very few matches of UT and never rlly liked it and always preffered UT2K4 over UT.
                            But I do see how much UT3 has returned to his roots and still managed to keep and improve the good things UT2K4 had ( vehicle based gametypes, wall dodge, double jump ).
                            ok double jump is nearly useless in UT3 ^^ but it is possible to make a walldodge after a double jump
                            Imho If you wouldn't play vehicle based gametypes it rlly feels like UT with better graphics, but the flow and gameplay is much better in UT3.

IMHO : This game feels hardcore, fast, and fun and yes it's CARNAGE !!! Imho the best UT so far :P Good job EPIC !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                              How exactly?
                              Open the console and type allweapons

Comment

Working...
                              X