Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Kernell32.dll error on startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found a solution that fixes the kernell error here, this is what i did:
    I uninstalled the game, and DELETE THE FOLDER, there will be some **** in there. Then reinstall the game, change this in your UTEngine.ini: bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False to True and try to start the game, if it still doens't work, reboot your PC and it should work. Hope i helped some players who are having the same problem as i had.

Comment

Originally posted by travva View Post
      Hey guys for those of you who get this error and use an ATI card, try installing the 7.8 cat drivers. On my system, which is old mind you, this fixes it every time. If i use 7.9 or 7.10, the error happens everytime. 7.8 the game loads up fine. Good luck!
      Could you give me a link to this driver?

Comment

Im having some new trouble.

I get to start the game, and play some various minutes before UT3 crashes and goes to windows...

AppName: ut3demo.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: Kernel32.dll
        ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b

I really didnt expierence this problem before i started to tweak my UT3, so it was running "fine" with 20fps.lol. so, im wondring which function i may have deactivated (I was just following the sticky tweaks on this forum!)

I have an ATI card (9800xt) and i guess im running the 7.10 driver.
        I tried putting bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True , but it didnt seem to work afterall.

Gonna try finding the old 7.8 driver and see if that helps. and i dont have any AVG programs, just the windows firewall, which i have deactivated (dont need to uninstall it?)

I updated the newest directx driver, and have SP2 etc.

Comment

didnt help

installing the 7.8 ati cata drivers didnt work for me:P

anything else anyone?

Comment

uninstalling my antivirus and restarting my computer didn't fix the problem. Every time i open the file the kernel32.dll error keeps coming up. neither did changing the shader thing from false to true. Can anyone help me, I really want to play it.

Comment

Oh yes its fixed!

lol for some reason i got that kernel32 error everytime someone killed me with bio or that i killed someone with bio! i guess i had the freakin biobug.. but its fixed now. tweaked the biogun.

<UT3> Addressing the Biorifle bug: http://unreal-pickups.com/index.php?...id=14&catid=21

Comment

Me too

I'd just like to throw my voice in with the hoards of people with this crash.

XP Pro, SP2

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

2GB RAM

Radeon X1950, lastest drivers

4GB pagefile

Comment

Is this going to get fixed?

Comment

If you are still unable to run the game please run through this post and submit your system specs/logs and we will try to help you out.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...65&postcount=1

Thanks!

Comment

Done all that.

How long do you think it'll be until this is fixed? It is a beta demo so it's totally forgivable.

Comment

hello? anybody home?

Comment

got the same problem kernel32.dll my bro has the same antivirus as me and on his comp it works so i tryed to delete it and as i tought it didnt work updated drivers also didnt work ;( .
                          Tryed every single option still doesnt work :S HELP !

Comment

Originally posted by eXcell View Post
                            got the same problem kernel32.dll my bro has the same antivirus as me and on his comp it works so i tryed to delete it and as i tought it didnt work updated drivers also didnt work ;( .
                            Tryed every single option still doesnt work :S HELP !
                            Remove the anivirus software, you truely DO NOT NEED IT at all. Its useless. All you need is a firewall, but i would turn that firewall off too until you get the game to work. Sometimes, reloading OS on your PC can help solve the issue too. Save all your important files on an external HD. I run Vista 64-bit and have not had any issues besides my internet, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Coola X View Post
                              Remove the anivirus software, you truely DO NOT NEED IT at all. Its useless.
                              Apart from if, you know, you don't like having viruses on you computer.

Comment

If you're smart and don't use IE you don't get viruses.

Comment

Working...
                                X