Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Kernell32.dll error on startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slayster View Post
    Fantasic, that fixed the problems I was having.
    not for me
    i have now :
    bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True (in UTengine.ini)
    and still crash after rebooting computer

I am NOT using AVG free, but norton. (i don't find option to quit norton :/ )

Comment

Same problem here.

After I see the splash screen, my monitor goes blank and nothing happens.
      Sometimes the game crashes back to desktop and I get to see the kernel32.dll error, but often I have to do a hard reset.

Installed latest nvidia drivers and tried to disable anti-virus (pc-cillin) but this didn't help.

Also tried this:
      Originally posted by Chain-Lei View Post
      go to \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config and open UTEngine.ini

change bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False to True

restart your pc if you have tried to run the demo before.
      ...but I can't seem to find the file? There's no UTEngine.ini...?

System specs:
      Windows XP Pro
      AMD Athlon X2 3800+
      1GB Ram
      8800 GTS 640mb

Hopefully we'll get an answer/solution from Epic soon. I'm dying to play this!

Comment

its in My Documents

Comment

Ahh thanks. I was looking in the wrong folder. Giving this a shot now. Wish me luck!

Comment

Yay, that fixed it! Was finally able to play.

Runs smooth, though I must say it's not nearly as good looking as I thought it would be.

Comment

Idd, it fixed it ! Awesome !

Comment

Originally posted by Chain-Lei View Post
                go to \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config and open UTEngine.ini

change bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False to True

restart your pc if you have tried to run the demo before.
                Still crashes for me here.

Comment

kernel32 crash possible fix

Hey guys for those of you who get this error and use an ATI card, try installing the 7.8 cat drivers. On my system, which is old mind you, this fixes it every time. If i use 7.9 or 7.10, the error happens everytime. 7.8 the game loads up fine. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by travva View Post
                    Hey guys for those of you who get this error and use an ATI card, try installing the 7.8 cat drivers. On my system, which is old mind you, this fixes it every time. If i use 7.9 or 7.10, the error happens everytime. 7.8 the game loads up fine. Good luck!
                    I will try, thank you travva.

Comment

Just replace ur AVG with something else and if it doesnt fix the problem then just put back AVG. It wont kill you!

Comment

Ive tried everything, and it still crashes, Any other ideas?

Comment

Read the game's launch.log file. If you have dual core AMD processor there is a good chance that you forgot to install the processor drivers by AMD. This should turn out if you check the log.

Comment

Thanks a bunch, this fixed my problems

Comment

i have this same exact problem too, but i updated all my drivers

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X