X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L'enculeur View Post
    Screenshot Saving:

- Why the hell does UT3 still take picture in the horrible BMP format?!? At least let us choose through the in-game menu or ini files as it's like 100x bigger than Jpeg with absolutly no visual diffrence and we lose a lot of time by having to convert them everytime.
    Heck, valve does the screenshot much much better, epic should take a page out of their book

Comment

Thanks Jrub!

Comment

1. Allow us to set screen RefreshRate through the Options menu(there are still CRT user here). I didn't find it even in the .ini files.
        2. F1 should show the same player statistics as in UT2004: Score, PING, time, PPH and maybe some more like death2kill ratio, ...
        3. After the match is over and you click a button the game goes to menu(chat or scoreboard) and you can't get back normal view(to see the destroyed core or the flag ...)
        4. Add HUD modify panel to change layout and crosshair size/color/shape...
        5. There are no status messages like Player xxx has disconnected / connected...
        6. The sound after a kill is disturbing. Just modify it to sound a bit earlier or remove it.
        7. Add status message for balancing the teams. Servers may choose whether to use it or not. You know the "teams" message known from modded UT2k4.
        8. Mouse wheel should move camera closer/further from a vehicle.
        9. In text2speech are missing predefined words like lol,omg,rofl...

Comment

Don't know if this is place to share my idea but just the one atm...

sliding bar that fades in and outs the weapon model. The idea be if want to have hidden weapons on but want the duel enforcers on the screen or have them in kinda bit faded out. so you can have hidden weapons on and have one weapon or all them.

get me?

Comment

Originally posted by Omnes Vulnerant View Post
            Heck, valve does the screenshot much much better, epic should take a page out of their book
            Eh, how hard is it for you to convert BMP to JPG? Is HD space expensive today? I want my screenshots uncompressed ty.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
              Eh, how hard is it for you to convert BMP to JPG? Is HD space expensive today? I want my screenshots uncompressed ty.
              Press prnt screen, minimise UT3 and past it in Paint. A 2-year-old can do it, and don't complain about quality because it's that or buy photoshop or stick to bmp.

Comment

2nd (or 3rd) the motion for some kind of grapple indicator

It's almost impossible to tell if you have a boarder on your tail if you are in the raptor. It's a bit easier with the other vehicles but it's still much more difficult than it should be.

Anyone have a workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin View Post
                  It's almost impossible to tell if you have a boarder on your tail if you are in the raptor. It's a bit easier with the other vehicles but it's still much more difficult than it should be.

Anyone have a workaround?
                  Hmm... an icon on the HUD indicating you have a grappler would be a nice addition, especially when first person view in the vehicles is put in

Comment

Dont know how this is related to the topic but everytime i disconnect from a game my wan and lan lights are still humming right on along like im still in the game.I can turn my computer off and its still going.Lasts for a min or so before it finally quits.

Comment

Wan lights? do you mean the status-lights of you router?

Comment

Personal opinion... scrap the current menu system.

Take a few minutes and look back at UT99.

The menu was FAST, you pressed ESC and it was there INSTANTLY!

You needed to bind some key, just go Options>preferences, It was really quick. The current menu system makes it nearly impossible to change anything quickly while playing. Takes too long to get anywhere, and everything has too many confirmation boxes.. and you could have multiple windows opened for quick acess..

I doubt this would ever happend, but including Uwindows menu system again WOULD ROCK.

Make it LIGHT and FAST, forget those bloated menus, the more pratical and objective it is, the better.

and BRING BACK THE "PREFERENCES" CONSOLE COMMAND (ini editing menu)!! That was really useful in finetunnig various aspects of the game

Comment

Some are complaining about "blur", but I don't really notice it.

Unless their talking about the games default resolution...

Comment

Should't the minimap, when playing vCTF, turn as I turn..... or atleast be rotated 180 degrees when playing in team 2?!?

Comment

Context Menus are absent from the demo - most noticeable in the Server Browser.

It is my hope that Context Menus are still supported and will be used in the Server Browser.

Comment

Resolution bug :

If you alt-enter out of the game (ie make it windowed) then maximise itby double clicking the the top bar. When you then alt-tab back, the resolution gets changed to whatever the maximised resolution was.

Comment

Working...
                                X