This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paincakes View Post
    On a Quad Core 6600, 2GB ram and 8600GT 512mb. It didn't perform good at all. Lowering the resolution didn't change the perfomance. I had to literally do worst graphics settings all on lowest in order to get a descent framerate.

I'm just confused since my system should play it at least medium/high.

Oh and I have Vista 32bit home premium... is it my OS that is slowing me down maybe?
    Do you have dual monitors? If so, go into your nVidia settings and switch to single-monitor performance mode.

Comment

Ramrod the game is failing for you because you are below minimum specs (Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family) You need to have at least a Radeon 9600 or a Geforce 6200 to run the demo.

Comment

I and some other people with late nvidia 7 series graphics cards like the 7600GT have been having some problems with 'no signal' on monitor error after the intro vids, i think ive found a workaround however, if i minimise the game until i hear the intro vids have finished and then restore the window. The only problem is after this, i load up a map and get the kernel32.dll error and crash.

Comment

I just had a strange crash. Vista reported that UT3 had stopped responding, so I clicked "close program", then was promptly presented with a BlueScreen with the error: "PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES" STOP: 0x00000076

Here's the Vista log:

Code:
          Product
          UT3Demo.exe

Problem
          Stopped working

Date
          10/12/2007 2:18 PM

Status
          Report Sent

Problem signature
          Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
          Application Name:	UT3Demo.exe
          Application Version:	0.0.0.0
          Application Timestamp:	470eb064
          Fault Module Name:	UT3Demo.exe
          Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
          Fault Module Timestamp:	470eb064
          Exception Code:	c0000005
          Exception Offset:	00208bc7
          OS Version:	6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
          Locale ID:	1033
          Additional Information 1:	3e7b
          Additional Information 2:	797b03470c5366046d2547d9cf91cb7d
          Additional Information 3:	5059
          Additional Information 4:	2865f0b5c1058aece1c59764ac3a19fb

Extra information about the problem
          Bucket ID:	536836219
          I did a Google search of the BlueScreen code and found that it might be connected to the X-Fi series of sound cards.

My hardware:
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          EVGA 680i A1 Motherboard
          EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra
          Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1
          Asus PhysX P1
          2GB Corsair Dominator 8500
          2x 150GB WD RaptorX in RAID 0
          Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Other than this one problem, the game ran smooth as ever. Installation seemed a bit harried for a second, due to the thing automatically trying to install a PhysX driver that was already there, but once it was installed, it was smooth sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by worldofchris View Post
            when i change ingame video settings and restart ut3 my settings are back to ****.

specs

core 2 duo e4400
            gforce 8600gt
            windows xp 32 bit
            all updates installed.
            videoa drivers also up to date.
            I am also having this problem.

Opteron 280
            Quadro 3450/4000
            xp 32 bit

Comment

I get the blackscreen bug as well, but not until levels actually start loading, I can get past the opening movies and menu fine. The blackscreen occurs if I try to change any video setting apart from the resolution. If I leave them at defaults the game will run (but looks terrible).

The game usually starts crashing at this point as well.

Athlon XP 3200+
              1 Gig Ram
              Geforce 6600 256MB (163.71 drivers)
              Audigy 1 Soundcard
              XP SP2

Comment

Originally posted by Dpa View Post
                I and some other people with late nvidia 7 series graphics cards like the 7600GT have been having some problems with 'no signal' on monitor error after the intro vids, i think ive found a workaround however, if i minimise the game until i hear the intro vids have finished and then restore the window. The only problem is after this, i load up a map and get the kernel32.dll error and crash.

Yep, that's the exact problem I'm getting, I have a 7600GT.

Comment

oddly enough, I changed "Fullscreen=True" to "Fullscreen=False" and it loaded with zero problems, now I just cant connect to any server, connection fails.

Comment

Im getting a DEP (data execution prevention) which shuts the game down at the splash screen more often than not, ive tryed to allow ut access without this enabled but windows says that i need to have this on for this application.

Using Vista x86 with all latest updates.
                    c2d E6600 2.4 ghz
                    7600gt with latest nvidia drivers
                    2 gig 800mhz ram

do u need any log or anything?

Comment

That what they told me to do with BioShock, but personally I think it's a sucky fix and it completely kills the game.

Comment

Installed latest drivers from creative. No luck. Still crashes after videos with said error.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielW View Post
                          Okay I have more than enough logs on the Kernel32.dll crash, thanks guys. We're looking into it. Can you try this potential workaround:

Open My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Change the line
                          bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False
                          to
                          bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Does it still crash?
                          Beautiful. That fixed my crash. . Thanks!

Comment

jooka, What kind of monitor do you have? Could you give me the exact model/manufacturer and also what resolutions does it allow you to set your desktop to?

Comment

its a dell 1907FP. it allows 800x600 to 1280x1024. Im playing in 1024x768.

*EDIT*if I remember correctly it was in 640x480 on its default load when it first worked which my monitor wouldnt like I imagine.

Comment

SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_09_0007.exe
                                I already have those drivers - last updated Oct 30th 2006 according to Creative's site

Comment

Working...
                                X