This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash after splash!

After reading through so many posts and trying various methods provided my UT3 still crashes after the Intel logo. The menu pops up for a split second and then everything halts.

Sometimes I can do Ctrl-Alt-Del and that brings up the desktop at a really low res (640x480 I think). Other times it simply won't do anything. Either way, I still have to hard reboot.

If anyone can throw any light on why this is happening, I'd really appreciate it.

I've provided a link to my log file and dxdiag info below and PC spec.

http://www.delphaeus.com/files/launch.log

http://www.delphaeus.com/files/dxdiag.txt

PC Spec
    Video card: nvidia 8600 GTS 256mb with latest driver 163.71
    CPU: Intel E6600 dual core 2.4Ghz
    System memory: 2Gb DDR2

Many thanks

Comment

Game stops responding with Vista 64 bit

Every once in awhile UT3 stops responding and I get a window that says seach for solutions online or close program. Sometimes this leads to the BSOD. This was the same type of problem I have when playing Battlefield 2142. I have no problem with any other games though. I have the latest drivers, 8800 gts 640mb, 2 gigs ram, q6600 cpu. Any suggestions?

Comment

Crappy problem :

I started up UT3, and the screen resolution was on 640x400 (or something like that).
        So i tried to change the settings, and i get a black screen for aprox. 20 sec. Afther waiting 20 sec. my screen resolution is still 640x400...
        I have downloaden and installed without a problem my drivers.

My specs :
        CPU : 3gHz processor
        GPU : 8800GTX 768mb
        RAM : 3gb DDR2
        Windows XP home

Its mayby my screen, i have a 19'' from Packard Bell.

I have no problems playing other games with Ureal engine (bioshock).

Comment

Ok now I have a very annoying problem. Whenever I launch UT3 Demo, it displays a black screen and loads, then crashes to my desktop with the lovely "Would you like to send an error report?" window a grand total of 3 times. This is what the last few lines of my launch.log file says
          Code:
          Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
          Log: === Critical error: ===
          Rendering thread exception:
          Direct3DDevice->CreatePixelShader((DWORD*)&Code(0),(IDirect3DPixelShader9**)PixelShader.GetInitReference()) failed 
           at .\Src\D3D9Shaders.cpp:18 
           with error E_OUTOFMEMORY
          Full version: Here
          BTW It says out of memory, but I really doubt that.

My comp stats:
          Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
          nVidia GeForce 8600 GT with Forceware 163.71
          1GB DDR2 RAM
          Windows XP Professional SP2

My friend says its my motherboard, so Ill throw in its details as well:
          Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset
          Intel(R) 82801GB/GR I/O controller hub

Other games like Bioshock and Half-Life 2 Episode 2 run fine at max graphics.

Finally, here is my DxDiag.txt file and a file dump unreal-v3464-2007.10.26-17.02.21.dmp

Sorry, Problem solved :P

Comment

Hey

Ok I install the demo everything went fine but when i go to start it up i dont even get a splash screen just a windows error saying this

AppName: ut3demo.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ut3demo.exe
            ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0129c519

Now i dont have any UT logs because UT hasnt even begun to start up

I have the nvidia driver u guys said to get

i have Nvidia geforce 6500 256 mb pci-e x16

Win XP SP2

512 MB ram

AMD Sempron 3100+

I do not have AVG

I did the shader thing only there is no engine.ini its all Defaultengine.ini and Baseengine.ini

Any Ideas Guys

Also my Directx Log
            http://rapidshare.com/files/65514541/DxDiag.txt.html

Comment

in your my documents you have a file called my games all the ut ini's are in that - the default ones in the ut folder can not be edited - so goto c:/mydocuments/mygames and you will see what i mean

Comment

The Demo

I have downloaded and installed the demo several times and I keep coming across the same problem... well i double click on the shortcut/icon and it comes up with the Unreal Tournament 3 vertical banner thing and stays their for like 4 minutes then it comes up with this message 'UT3Demo.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconbenience,' and then gives me the option to 'Send Error Report' or 'Don't Send'. I have been through various microsoft help tools and non of them can help. My Friend said my Laptop can handle the game but i think it might be my graphics card, Is a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5100 good enough for the game? please help

Koszla

Comment

dxdiag: http://rapidshare.com/files/65637629/DxDiag.txt.html
                  log: http://rapidshare.com/files/65637758/Launch.log.html

my problem is the next: the games start perfect, login perfect, I can change all the settings perfect, it dont get any error, crash, BSOD, or anything, i can change resolution without any problem, but when (in any mode) i have the last menu(the one with 2 buttons, one to cancel and one to enter the match) i press the confirmation button and it only makes some sound and nothing happens, it stay in the last menu, and I can still navigate the menues without problem. it dont crash in any moment, and I can do it lots of times and nothing happens and the weirdest thing of all its that if i play offline instead on login in the beggining it works perfect, and i can play the matches without any problem...

video card: MSI nVidia GeForce 8600 GT with forceware dirver version 163( im downloading now the 169 version)
                  CPU: Pentium Duo 2 Core 4300 1.8 Ghz
                  System Memory: 1 Gb Kevingston

Comment

Hi all,

When I'm playing the demo the game turns off my computer randomly -- either during gameplay or after the match is over. No warning or delay, the monitor just turns black and the power light just turns off.

Here's my computer specs:

P4 3.0Ghz
                    2xSamsung Nidec in RAID 0
                    2x512MB Mushkin BH5 (brings back memories doesn't it)
                    Visiontek ATi 2600XT 512MB
                    Seasonic 430W
                    Asus P4C800E Deluxe

Monitor: Dell 3007WFP-HC

log: http://rapidshare.com/files/65648531/Launch.log.html

Comment

Originally posted by daba View Post
                      Hi all,

When I'm playing the demo the game turns off my computer randomly -- either during gameplay or after the match is over. No warning or delay, the monitor just turns black and the power light just turns off.

Here's my computer specs:

P4 3.0Ghz
                      2xSamsung Nidec in RAID 0
                      2x512MB Mushkin BH5 (brings back memories doesn't it)
                      Visiontek ATi 2600XT 512MB
                      Seasonic 430W
                      Asus P4C800E Deluxe

Monitor: Dell 3007WFP-HC

log: http://rapidshare.com/files/65648531/Launch.log.html
                      If you are overclocking the GPU and/or the system CPU/RAM, try undoing all of it and see if it still crashes. Also chack the PSU. Run a stress test

Comment

Same with mine does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Comment

So I guess ATI 7.1 drivers are not supported? I installed them because I didnt want to have to search for the older ones. Looks like UT3 crashes on each launch and I never tried it before I upgraded my drivers from 5.4 (I think it was?).

Comment

eh

Originally posted by DarkRage View Post
                            in your my documents you have a file called my games all the ut ini's are in that - the default ones in the ut folder can not be edited - so goto c:/mydocuments/mygames and you will see what i mean
                            Im sorry ive looked there is no such folder in my documents i also did a complete search on my computer there is no file called engine.ini aswell

Comment

163.71 Nvidia drivers are bad news!

Just an FYI.

Crashes occured when logging into the server and the loss of VGA signal occured when the game would first start(right before the first image that appears...all that copyright junk)

I have been playing fine on my rig(specs listed below) but when I installed the 163.71 Forceware drivers when running the beta the demo would try to go to 800x600 then show the desktop then crash out. Next time I would try my monitor would go black(no signal) and I would have to hard reboot my system. And to top it all off I did get a BSOD once from trying to load the beta(0x0000007). Havent seen one of those in ages.

I was able to go in a few times and play after a couple of crashes. Yesterday I played all day(off and on) without issue once it got past the few crashes. Then this morning I sit down to play(unit was on all night) and cant get into a server.

No overclocking and my system is quite stable.

XP 3800+
                              XP Pro OS
                              1 gig of memory
                              GeForce 6800 GT 256
                              Rolled back to 162.18 Nvidia drivers and the problem stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by dcsnypa View Post
                                Im sorry ive looked there is no such folder in my documents i also did a complete search on my computer there is no file called engine.ini aswell
                                What operating system are you using? Game files for XP tend to end up in My Documents/MyGames/ ---

And the file you need I believe is UTEngine.ini

Comment

Working...
                                X