Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same problem as sgar. I made my own thread, but I doubt anyone will respond to it.

AppName: ut3demo.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
    1022 MB Ram
    7900 GT/GTO
    XP Pro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by sekazi View Post
      I just installed the demo a half hour ago and ran into nothing but problems playing the game.

I tried Heat Wave first and it seems to lockup a few seconds into the game and my PC completely gives out requiring a manual restart. My guess is the Video or something. I then tried the second map and got a good 5 minutes in before the same thing happened. I have set all the settings pretty much at the lowest which is 640x400 and detail at the lowest.

My specs are
      - Gigabyte - GA-8IPE1000 Pro
      - Intel Pentium 4 2.6GHz / 8KB L1 Cache / 512KB L2 Cache / 800MHz FSB / with HyperThreading
      - 4 x 256MB / Ultra Dual Channel / 1024MB / PC3200 DDR / 400MHz / 2-3-3-7-T1
      - Maxtor MaXLine Plus III 250GB / 7200RPM / 16MB Cache / SATA-150
      - ATI Radeon 9600XT / 128MB DDR / AGP 8x / TV Out & DVI
      - Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS / 7.1 Surround Sound
      - Windows XP Professional SP2

The game reminds me of the graphics of doom and Wolfenstein 3D at 640x400 on lowest detail. But the gameplay was great. It reminded me of UT99 instead of UT2004.

I have the latest ATI drivers installed. ATI Catalyst Software Suite v7.9.
      Try catalyst 7.8, this was talked about already.

Comment

i have exactly the same kernel32.dll error, I can play sometimes, but other times I just can't play, i've updated my graphic card drivers, and when it starts with that error the only solution to get rid of it is rebooting, but then after sometime it appears again. I would be really happy if someone had a solution for this :|

Comment

cpu is opteron 165 312fsb(Islowed it down)2.81ghz 2sticks of geil onefor 1024 mb in dual channel mode,2 7900gs sli 624 core 1700 mem. 2 74g raptors and a dfi lanparty, creative soundblaster xfi fatality. windows xp. I get a bsod then the computer reboots after 20-30 secs

Comment

I Keep getting the Modified executable .. I cant get the dang thing launched.
            XP x64
            Striker Extreme
            E6850 3.5ghz Core 2 Duo
            4 x 1024mb OCZ 800mhz Pc6400
            8800 Ultra XFX 765mb
            OCZ gamerXtreme 700w PSU

Comment

Originally posted by flak.pt View Post
              Try catalyst 7.8, this was talked about already.
              That didnt work it still freezes. I have a feeling its my DVI port. I am going to switch to VGA when I get back from class tonight.

It didnt seem to freeze when I used 1440x900 but did when I switched to 800x480. So I am thinking my DVI port is acting up. The Game lags too much at 1440x900 but looks great but not worth the sacrifice.

Comment

Can someone getting the Kernel32.dll error please upload your log (or PM it to me)? If you are an admin logs are located in Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Logs\Launch.log. If you are NOT an admin user logs are in My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Logs\Launch.log.

Comment

I have a MX518 mouse and i cannt bind mouse button5

Intel Core2 Duo X6800
                  Dual Nvidia 8800 640mb SLI 163.71
                  4GB Corsair Dominator @1066 mghz
                  XP Pro

Comment

Having issues as well. Huge disappointment. I get a screen like the one 0skillz posted

Originally posted by 0skillz View Post
                    HP laptop
                    windows xp sp2
                    128mb shared vid
                    intel 1.8Ghz dual core
                    2 GB memory

im wondering if it is the video memory. however i think it should at least run. no clue what is going on.

also when i look at the file in the error msg it says something about a AMD cpu which i dont have :/

Comment

Originally posted by sekazi View Post
                      I just installed the demo a half hour ago and ran into nothing but problems playing the game.

I tried Heat Wave first and it seems to lockup a few seconds into the game and my PC completely gives out requiring a manual restart. My guess is the Video or something. I then tried the second map and got a good 5 minutes in before the same thing happened. I have set all the settings pretty much at the lowest which is 640x400 and detail at the lowest.

My specs are
                      - Gigabyte - GA-8IPE1000 Pro
                      - Intel Pentium 4 2.6GHz / 8KB L1 Cache / 512KB L2 Cache / 800MHz FSB / with HyperThreading
                      - 4 x 256MB / Ultra Dual Channel / 1024MB / PC3200 DDR / 400MHz / 2-3-3-7-T1
                      - Maxtor MaXLine Plus III 250GB / 7200RPM / 16MB Cache / SATA-150
                      - ATI Radeon 9600XT / 128MB DDR / AGP 8x / TV Out & DVI
                      - Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS / 7.1 Surround Sound
                      - Windows XP Professional SP2

The game reminds me of the graphics of doom and Wolfenstein 3D at 640x400 on lowest detail. But the gameplay was great. It reminded me of UT99 instead of UT2004.

I have the latest ATI drivers installed. ATI Catalyst Software Suite v7.9.
                      I have the same issue I think. I play smoothly for awhile, and then the game freezes. First time it happened I manually restarted expecting that to be the only fix, but on the other occasions I let it sit and it unfreezes after like 1-2 full minutes. In that time though it's like my PC goes into standby or something because I disconnect from IRC/vent/etc(I would assume if I tried a multiplayer server I'd DC from that too).

AMD 64 4000+ 2.2ghz; Nvidia 7800GT, 2gigs pc3200 ram

Comment

Log requested from:
                        My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Logs
                        http://www.plunder.com/UT3-Beta-Demo...load-88904.htm

Comment

On a Quad Core 6600, 2GB ram and 8600GT 512mb. It didn't perform good at all. Lowering the resolution didn't change the perfomance. I had to literally do worst graphics settings all on lowest in order to get a descent framerate.

I'm just confused since my system should play it at least medium/high.

Oh and I have Vista 32bit home premium... is it my OS that is slowing me down maybe?

Comment

Okay I have more than enough logs on the Kernel32.dll crash, thanks guys. We're looking into it. Can you try this potential workaround:

If you are an administrator, Open: Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                            Otherwise open: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Change the line
                            bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False
                            to
                            bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Edit:*RESTART BEFORE TRYING TO RUN THE DEMO AGAIN*

Does it still crash?

Comment

Paincakes, do you have the Vista performance and stability packs installed?

Comment

I get this in the launch.ini

Code:
                                Log: === Critical error: ===
                                Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c81eb33 (filename not found) 
                                CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found) 
                                Address = 0xb22732   (filename not found) 
                                Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found) 

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                                Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                                Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                                Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
                                Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
                                Log: FaceFX shutdown.
                                Exit: Exiting.
                                Exit: Name subsystem shutting down

Comment

Working...
                                X