Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im having a similar problem to what some people have already posted here, Im playing the game normaly and then sometime maybe 10-15 minutes into a match it blue screens, memory dumps and reboots.

I think I've narrowed it down to a problem with vehicles. I noticed every time this happens a vehicle was present. The only match ive ever been able to get thru was shangri-la. to test it out i just ran a 50 frag match on shangri-la with no problems. In heat ray the only time its ever crashed was when the dark walker was around, either me in it or me attacking it. A couple of times the game just froze but usualy its a blue screen memory dump.

Im running an E6750 with an evga geforce 8800 GTS 640MB on an Abit IP35PRO board with 2 gigs of G SKill ram. And im running Direct X 9.0c that came with the bioshock demo.

I looked at the .dmp files in Windbg and each time it said a differnet file was responsible for the crash. Here is the list.

nv4_mini.sys
    win32k.sys
    Ntfs.sys
    swmidi.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe

Im wondering if anyone else has been having this issue as well and if you are able to make it thru a match on shangri-la as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GG-Xtreme View Post
      I fixed the black screen error (monitor goes off or into power save mode) by turning on the bInitializeShadersOnDemand, then skipping all of the intro movies and such by clicking.
      How do you do that?

Comment

Go into My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config. Open up UTEngine.ini and search for "bInitializeShadersOnDemand", and set it to True.

Comment

does anyone know if the issues in this thread are going to get answers? Just wondering as I am amped to start playing UT again any help to my previously stated problem would be appreciated...

Comment

The Engine is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Very great job. I never tought that i could play ut3 well. Because i have a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ; ATi Saphire x600pro/256 mb ; 512MB DDR 400mhz RAM ; 200gb 7200rpm HDD.

Offline i can make texture and world details up till 3 at 1024*768 and rendering at 75 and it's still "playable". Online i have to scroll textures and world detail down to 1 but rendering is at 75 and it runs good with about 40Fp/s.

The Game and the Engine are amazing
            Respect to the developers
            Great job!
            EPIC RULEZ

Comment

nVidia Geforce GO 7900gs

Updated divers and all that.

I have yet to get a game started. I can get past the menus and such, but when i begin a game the loading screen appears and then...... either my screen goes black or i'm sent to a Blue error screen. Each time, i just have to force restart my computer so i haven't been able to keep any screen shots or anything. I'm sure i'm getting the same errors that many others posted.

Because i love Epic, and am really looking forward to playing a quality game, i don't feel upset at all. Little disappointed, but take your time and i'm sure it's going to be great.

Comment

Okay. It was AVG Antivirus compatibility issue for me. I stopped AVG, and was able to play the demo. Would that be fixed up? AVG is pretty popular, and free!

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP
                  Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 w/ 256 MB "Hypermemory" (only 64 dedicated)
                  Video Driver Version: Unsure. Using drivers from Gateway
                  Display Resolution: 640 x 480
                  Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2.0GHz x 2
                  Memory: 2 GB

I'm having a rather annoying problem with saving video settings. Looking at the log, I see UT3 is looking at my specs and and finding my Composite and GPU compatibility level to be 0 (probably from the 64 MB dedicated VRAM) and overriding all of my changes (even INI edits) and putting everything at the lowest settings possible.

Here's part of my log:

Init: GPU stats:
                  Init: VendorID: 00001002
                  Init: DeviceID: 00007145
                  Init: DriverVersion: 6.14.10.6706
                  Init: DeviceName: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
                  Init: DriverName: ati2dvag.dll
                  Init: PixelShaderVersion: 3
                  Init: VertexShaderVersion: 3
                  Init: VRAMQuantity: 256
                  Init: DedicatedVRAM: 64
                  Init: AdapterCount: 1
                  Init: SupportsHardwareTnL: 1
                  Init: GPU DeviceID found in ini: (0) ,ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
                  Init: Machine detected compatibility level: Composite: 0. CPU: 4. GPU: 0.
                  Init: Previous detected compatibility level: Composite: 0. CPU: 4. GPU: 0.
                  Init: System Settings changed using SetFriendlyGraphicsSettings:

My video card's not great, but it can certainly run the game better than "Duke Nukem 3D" settings. Anyway you can fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by CNStrikesBack View Post
                    nVidia Geforce GO 7900gs

Updated divers and all that.

I have yet to get a game started. I can get past the menus and such, but when i begin a game the loading screen appears and then...... either my screen goes black or i'm sent to a Blue error screen. Each time, i just have to force restart my computer so i haven't been able to keep any screen shots or anything. I'm sure i'm getting the same errors that many others posted.

Because i love Epic, and am really looking forward to playing a quality game, i don't feel upset at all. Little disappointed, but take your time and i'm sure it's going to be great.

I have the same geforce exactly. Guess what, the game works flawlessly with 6months old drivers

You can give it a try

Comment

Still getting the KERNEL error on the initial UT3 splash screen. Tried changing the False to True in the ini file for forcing the shader and restarted but still no start

System here is:

AMD 64x2_4200
                      Asus M2N4-SLI
                      1gb DDR2 800
                      2*XFX6600GT in SLI mode (though have tried it as well in single mode)
                      Nvidia 163.71 direivers, though have tried offial WDM and also beta drivers
                      Vista x64 Ultimate (fully patched)

UT3 Log file as follows:

Code:
                      Log: Log file open, 10/13/07 10:31:38
                      Init: Version: 3464
                      Init: Epic Internal: 0
                      Init: Compiled: Oct 11 2007 19:21:48
                      Init: Command line: 
                      Init: Base directory: D:\Games\UT3D\Binaries\
                      Init: Character set: Unicode
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditor.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditorUserSettings.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTDemoCompat.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTUI.ini
                      Log: Deleting old log file Launch-backup-2007.10.13-10.31.38.log
                      Init: Computer: KHLT
                      Init: User: Kymmy
                      Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
                      Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.579545 MHz
                      Init: Memory total: Phys=1046400K Pagef=2351720K Virt=4194176K
                      Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
                      Init: Presizing for 83221 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
                      Init: Object subsystem initialized
                      Log: DEMOVERSION is defined.
                      Init: WinSock: I am KHLT (192.168.0.13:0)
                      Init: Startup System Settings:
                      Init: System Settings:
                      Init: 	StaticDecals=false
                      Init: 	DynamicDecals=false
                      Init: 	DynamicLights=true
                      Init: 	DynamicShadows=false
                      Init: 	LightEnvironmentShadows=false
                      Init: 	CompositeDynamicLights=true
                      Init: 	DirectionalLightmaps=false
                      Init: 	MotionBlur=false
                      Init: 	DepthOfField=true
                      Init: 	Bloom=true
                      Init: 	QualityBloom=false
                      Init: 	Distortion=true
                      Init: 	DropParticleDistortion=true
                      Init: 	SpeedTreeLeaves=true
                      Init: 	SpeedTreeFronds=true
                      Init: 	OnlyStreamInTextures=false
                      Init: 	LensFlares=false
                      Init: 	FogVolumes=true
                      Init: 	FloatingPointRenderTargets=true
                      Init: 	Trilinear=true
                      Init: 	OneFrameThreadLag=true
                      Init: 	UseVsync=false
                      Init: 	UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
                      Init: 	Fullscreen=true
                      Init: 	AllowD3D10=true
                      Init: 	EnableHighPolyChars=false
                      Init: 	SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
                      Init: 	ParticleLODBias=2
                      Init: 	DetailMode=0
                      Init: 	ShadowFilterQualityBias=-1
                      Init: 	MaxAnisotropy=0
                      Init: 	MaxMultisamples=1
                      Init: 	MinShadowResolution=32
                      Init: 	MaxShadowResolution=512
                      Init: 	ResX=800
                      Init: 	ResY=600
                      Init: 	ScreenPercentage=100.000
                      Init: 	SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000
                      Init: 	FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier=0.000
                      Init: 	ShadowTexelsPerPixel=2.000
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_World: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=3)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Character: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=3)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Effects: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=2)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_UI: (MinLODSize=2048,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                      Log: 	TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget: (MinLODSize=   1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                      Init: Friendly System Settings:
                      Init: 	TextureDetail=Level2
                      Init: 	WorldDetail=Level2
                      Init: 	bUseVSync=0
                      Init: 	bUseMSAA=0
                      Init: 	ScreenPercentage=100
                      Init: 	UpscaleScreenPercentage=1
                      Init: 	ResX= 800
                      Init: 	ResY= 600
                      Init: 	Fullscreen=1
                      Init: OS stats:
                      Init: 	Windows Vista 
                      Init: 	RemoteDesktop=0
                      Init: Memory stats:
                      Init: 	Physical: 1021MB
                      Init: 	Virtual: 4095MB
                      Init: 	PageFile: 2296MB
                      Init: CPU stats:
                      Init: 	MeasuredPerformanceTime: 652.478 (stored result)
                      Init: 	Hyperthreaded: 1
                      Init: 	NumProcessorsPerCPU: 1
                      Init: 	NumLogicalProcessors: 2
                      Init: 	NumPhysicalProcessors: 2
                      Init: 	MaxSpeed: 2211
                      Init: 	CurrentSpeed: 2211
                      Init: 	CoresPerProcessor: 2
                      Init: 	IsOnBattery: 0
                      Init: 	BatteryLevel: -1
                      Init: 	Manufacturer: AMD
                      Init: 	CPUName: Mobile AMD Sempron
                      Init: 	L1CacheSize: 64
                      Init: 	L2CacheSize: 512
                      Init: 	Architecture: x86
                      Init: GPU stats:
                      Init: 	VendorID: 000010DE
                      Init: 	DeviceID: 00000140
                      Init: 	DriverVersion: 7.15.11.6371
                      Init: 	DeviceName: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 
                      Init: 	DriverName: nvd3dum.dll
                      Init: 	PixelShaderVersion: 3
                      Init: 	VertexShaderVersion: 3
                      Init: 	VRAMQuantity: 128
                      Init: 	DedicatedVRAM: 120
                      Init: 	AdapterCount: 1
                      Init: 	SupportsHardwareTnL: 1
                      Init: 	GPU DeviceID found in ini: (2) GeForce 6600 GT
                      Init: Machine  detected compatibility level: Composite: 2. CPU: 3. GPU: 2.
                      Init: Previous detected compatibility level: Composite: 2. CPU: 3. GPU: 2.
                      Log: Initializing FaceFX...
                      Log: FaceFX initialized:
                      Log:     version  1.710000
                      Log:     licensee Unreal Engine 3 Licensee
                      Log:     project  Unreal Engine 3 Project
                      Log: Preloading (default) startup map UTFrontEnd
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Core.int
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Engine.int
                      Log: Loaded shader cache RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM2.CacheObject: 14715 shaders(0 legacy, 0 redundant), 2023 materials
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\UnrealScriptTest.int
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGame.int
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeapon.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini
                      Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file:  ..\UTGame\Config\UTMap.ini
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\OnlineSubsystemGameSpy.int
                      Log: 87906 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
                      Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
                      Log: Initializing Engine...
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
                      Init: UEngine initialized
                      Log: Looking for PC DLC...
                      Log: Object size..............: 60
                      Log: Actor size...............: 436
                      Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
                      Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448
                      Init: ALAudio device requested : Generic Software
                      Init: ALAudio device opened    : Generic Software
                      Init: AL_VENDOR      : Creative Labs Inc.
                      Init: AL_RENDERER    : Software
                      Init: AL_VERSION     : 1.1
                      Init: AL_EXTENSIONS  : EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX3.0EMULATED EAX4.0EMULATED AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE
                      Init: Device supports: ALC_EXT_EFX
                      Init: Found EFX extension with 1 effect slots and 1 potential sends
                      Init: ...'reverb' supported
                      Init: ...'low pass filter' supported
                      Init: ALAudioDevice initialized.
                      Init: Client initialized
                      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Launch.int
                      Critical: appError called:
                      Critical: Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.
                      Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                      Log: === Critical error: ===
                      Device does not support 1x32 FP render target format.

RaiseException() Address = 0x777d3843 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
                      CxxThrowException() Address = 0x74e18e69 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8\MSVCR80.dll]
                      Address = 0xb22732   (filename not found) [in D:\Games\UT3D\Binaries\UT3Demo.exe]
                      Address = 0xe874e74c (filename not found) 

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                      Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
                      Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
                      Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
                      Log: FaceFX shutdown.
                      Exit: Exiting.
                      Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
                      Uninitialized: Log file closed, 10/13/07 10:32:05

Comment

LOL, Just read the post before mine about using 6 month old drivers and that reminded me that I also had problems running GRAW 1 & 2 (I believe that GRAW uses the UT3 engine???) with the latest drivers. So I rolled back to the drivers I used for GRAW (Nvidia 158.18) and what do you know...the game started and was fine.

Kymmy

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP
                          Video Card: 7800GT
                          Display Resolution: 1024x768
                          Processor: Opteron 180
                          Memory: 2 GB OCZ Platinum

My screen all of a sudden turns black and then my computer reboots when I'm doing things like just changing my key settings or resolution. It also happens when I try to join a game.

I am also getting weird black lines starting from the topleft of my screen to whatever I'm selecting.

edit: I changed my videocard drivers and installed openal and it works fine now.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
                            Video Card: XFX 7600GT XXX
                            Video Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9424 (English)
                            Display Resolution: 1440x900
                            Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
                            Memory: Kingston 1GB

UT3 sometimes crashes at the loading screen (Happened twice so far)
                            And got a crash ingame.

Checked the log and what i believe you guys want to know is this:
                            Code:
                            Critical: Result failed 
                             at .\Src\D3D9Viewport.cpp:177 
                             with error D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR
                            Critical: Rendering thread exception:
                            Result failed 

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a7b (filename not found) 
                            CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found) 
                            Address = 0xb22732   (filename not found) 
                            Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found) 

Log: === Critical error: ===
                            Rendering thread exception:
                            Result failed 

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                            Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
                            Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
                            Log: FaceFX shutdown.
                            Exit: Exiting.

Comment

I can't change the resolution or switch to windowed mode. When I try to change the resolution, game changes to the new resolution but leaves a black screen up. After about 15 seconds it reverts back to old resolution and again there is a black screen for about 30 seconds. I'm guessing there is somekind of a confirmation message that you've to hit within 15 seconds or it changes settings back.

And when I enter game, it looks like the resolution would be 320*240 scaled to 640*480, here's a link for a screenshot: http://www.students.tut.fi/~sarasvip/webup/ut3.jpg

Specs:
                              Pentium 4 3.0GHz
                              Ati Radeon hd2600 xt 256MB
                              2GB DDR2

Comment

Originally posted by DanielW View Post
                                Okay I have more than enough logs on the Kernel32.dll crash, thanks guys. We're looking into it. Can you try this potential workaround:

If you are an administrator, Open: Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                                Otherwise open: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini

Change the line
                                bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False
                                to
                                bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

Edit:*RESTART BEFORE TRYING TO RUN THE DEMO AGAIN*

Does it still crash?
                                Thanks this worked for me too!! =)

Operating System: Winxp Pro SP2
                                Video Card: Asus 7950GT 512mb
                                Video Driver Version: 6.14.11.6218 modded ngo drivers [116.218]
                                Display Resolution:1280*1024
                                Processor :AMD 3700+ Overclocked to 4000+ speeds
                                Memory :OCZ 2GB DDR 400 dual channel

Comment

Working...
                                X