BOT AI? NEED HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOT AI? NEED HELP!

Well I'll tell you right off the bat I have a lot of good ideas but no technical skill to back it up. To make a long story short I think I had once class in C++ and one class in Visual Basic which niether of them I barely understood (hehe).

But theres something that annoys the hell out of me and that is BOT AI. So as a newb that hasn't done anything "unreal" before. Where does one go to learn to code BOT AI? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated as I know nothing about the unreal BOT AI.

"O" and please explain it to me like i'm a 12 year old child..hahah.

Thanks guys!

Demo

You might want to start with something a bit easier than AI. :bulb:

Comment

ROTFLMAO.... After a few google searches i'm finding that BOT AI is no walk in the park Though i've always been interested in AI so this boat's not stopping, well atleast not yet...hehe.

Comment

First, make the UnrealScript "Hello World" script. Once that works, you're definitely on the right track. Then, try to tweak the Rocket Launcher so that it fires Redeemers, and make a mutator for it. Once that works, you're ready to begin with AI. Start by making the bots either more or less accurate with certain weapons. Once that works, you should have a good idea what your next move is.

Comment

lol, the only thing that will help is experience, plus i had prior experience with REALbasic and VisualBasic witch made it alot easier to get the hang of. Just make a few small things like mutators and such and learn the basics then work on AI

Comment

Working...
          X