Controller support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller support

I was just wondering, does UT support controllers (ie: PS2 type controllers)?

More specifically I'm looking to use the analog sticks on those types of controllers and I'm wondering if UT supports them or if there is a mod out there that gives said support.

Thanks for any info.

Most controllers usually take over functions of the keyboard, so I would say yes.

Comment

yes, the engine has read joystick support, whoever there's not much documentation available on that subject.

Comment

Who would pass up the speed and accuracy of a mouse for the slow inaccurate responses of a joystick style controller? Thats just crazy talk!

Comment

Thisticstic: depends on the game you are creating

Comment

Yes, El_Muerte is right, it all depends on the game

Thanks for the help all!

Comment

...but remember, it also has to do with what platform you're using.

This is for PC - nobody except me has a controller for their PC, and I use it to play Super Mario World :up:

Hehe... drawing attention back to the point; nobody on PC will have a controller. :bulb: ...however I will assume you've already thought of that, and are pursuing controller support for a reason that's still valid, if you're making something for UT.

Comment

Agreed Dario,...I fully understand that people dont (usually) use controllers for pc games. I dont even have one to be honest. :bulb:

There is reason to this madness, I'm prototyping some controller schemes and thought Unreal might be a good (read: easy) place to start.

meh, we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Ok, goody

Forgive my mistake-policing. I dont want anyone making anything that won't work

Comment

Originally posted by Dario D.
                    This is for PC - nobody except me has a controller for their PC, and I use it to play Super Mario World :up:

Hehe... drawing attention back to the point; nobody on PC will have a controller. :bulb: ...however I will assume you've already thought of that, and are pursuing controller support for a reason that's still valid, if you're making something for UT.
                    Heh, well... I have 3 gamepads and a steering wheel
                    and I'm considering to buy a new gamepad

I use my gamepads quite a lot.

I tried to play a couple of those UT racing games with my steering wheel, but it was very clear they didn't keep that in mind. It was quite unplayable. As for those 2D UT mods, I would play those with a gamepad

Comment

Working...
                    X