Start programming UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start programming UT2004

I've trying to start learning to program UnrealScript, but can't even get te easiest things done... I've been trying for 3 days now without any result...
    I installed WOTgreal and was following a tutorial in which you get to make a new gametype, which would be inherited from DeatMatchPlus.

I've created a MyGame.uc which contains the following:
    class MyGame extends DeathMatch;

defaultproperties
    {
    GameName="My Game"
    }
    Note: Because I use 2004 instead of 2003 I'ts DeathMatch instead of DeathMatchPlus (if I'm right)

I also created MyMod.int and added a line in UT2004.ini to add the mod to the game. I don't get an error when I compile everything, but i simple don't see any difference.

What am I doing wrong???

Originally posted by vladerror
    I also created MyMod.int and added a line in UT2004.ini to add the mod to the game. I don't get an error when I compile everything, but i simple don't see any difference.
    What do you mean? Does it show up in the gametype list in-game?

Comment

I don't see my game in the gametype list
      Also when i click on community i don't see my mod.

Comment

I think you need to create a UCL file using "ucc exportcache..." command.

This explains:
        http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UnrealCacheLists

Also, take a look at this one too:
        http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ImprovedModSupport

Comment

From your description (DeathMatchPlus) it seems you have been following a UT1 tutorial (not a UT2003 one as you seem to think)...

The UT tutorials don't really apply to UT2004, because the class structure has changed and the mechanism to get your mod to show up ingame is completely different.

Comment

The best resource is really the 2nd DVD from the UT2004 Special Edition.

Really straight forward ...

Comment

class myGame extends xDeathmatch;

works fine, comes up under "custom game types" ... didnt need to export any UCLs or ints or anything like that... just made the class file and compiled it in UDE (WOTgreal) and it worked. So yeah, try extending xDeathmatch instead of Deathmatch (xDeathmatch is a child of Deathmatch).

Comment

Working...
              X