Debugging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debugging

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem at the moment. Im planning on doing some pretty advanced AI programming and wanted to use the Udebugger. I first attempted to delete .u files then use 'ucc make -debug' but I got an error on the first file (core) saying :
    -----------------------------Core - Debug-----------------------------
    Analyzing...
    Parsing Object
    Assertion failed: DataCount>=sizeof(UObject) [File:.\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 2036]

History: UObject::InitProperties <- UObject::InitClassDefaultObject <- FirstPass
    Cleanup <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class Core.Object, P
    *** 0, Line 538) <- MakeScript <- DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMa
    keCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
    I then attempted to download the debug .u files (since I couldnt compile them) from BeyondUnreal.com and when I attempt to run either UT2004.exe or UDebugger.exe I get this error:
    Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3003 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: No Video

Assertion failed: GetPropertiesSize()>=sizeof(UObject) [File:.\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 1032]

History: UClass::Serialize <- (Class Core.Object) <- LoadObject <- (Class Core.Object 7300==7300/73090 7220 81) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine
    Am I doing something wrong or is this because you have to purchase the actual unreal engine (thus getting UnObj.cpp) to get this to work?

As far as I know, not very many people actually use the debugger, and they only do it because they dont know that its eternally broken. In other words, you probably wont get it working. Though it would be nice.

You need the debug versions of the .u's (latest are for 3339 I believe, since they never posted the ones for the last patch) and are available on UDN.

And you can NEVER recompile the default .u's for the game. EVER. You need headers anyway (for the native stuff), and you wont be likely to get those, lol.

Comment

Yeah as I said I had downloaded the debug version of the .u files, and it still didnt work.

Ahwell I guess ill just not bother with it then. I was just reading some of the stuff on UDN and they suggested using the debugger (as they would I suppose).

Thanks anyway Bonehed.

Comment

Working...
      X