Defining the Gametype class file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defining the Gametype class file.

I'm having this problem where when I compile my files, no changes are made to the mod. i have a .uc file in my classes directory called testGame. I extended deathmatch and tried to set bquickstart=True in the default properties. I also tried to clear the addBots function. the files do have a successful compile, no errors....but nothing happens. bots are added, and there's a countdown and everything. Is the mod not using that testGame file?

Are you playing maps for it through 2k4's menus?

Comment

I have a shortcut to the mod, using the mod switch command. Then I have a custom menu that extends UT2K4GUIPage. when I click Play, its loads my map. Ideally I would also like to get rid of the menu altogether. So when I open the shortcut, it would go to the custom splash, and then directly to loading the map.

Comment

are you sure your stuff is getting loaded? maybe add a log(something); command or 2 to check. Then look a the log.

Comment

Originally posted by yourBestMan
          I have a shortcut to the mod, using the mod switch command. Then I have a custom menu that extends UT2K4GUIPage. when I click Play, its loads my map. Ideally I would also like to get rid of the menu altogether. So when I open the shortcut, it would go to the custom splash, and then directly to loading the map.
          At the end of the splash have a ScriptedTrigger that does a ConsoleCommand:

open mapname

Just make sure the map's DefaultGameType is set to your gametype in the default properties if it's your own map.

Comment

hey you were right, i had to set the defaultGameType property. I had never saw that anywhere or read about it, just looked it up at wiki. thanks alot!

Comment

How did you clear the AddBots function?

Comment

override the function without a body, or an empty body.

Comment

Working...
                X