X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a question about U ' The Coder'

How long have you been coding?... and
    Did you have any experience coding before playin with UT??:bulb:

Coding UT2004 for about... I don't know a year or so now I guess... My previous experinace is 8bit BASIC for the Atari XL/XE line of pc's. (which I did about 15 years ago give or take...) Unless you count some more complex HTML/CSS elements...

Comment

I've been programming (not `coding`) for over 10 years I guess (in various languages). First experience was with GW Basic on a XT PC (8086). After that it was kind of a blank spot until my parents bought a new machine (486) after that I started more actively with programming.

So yes, I had some experience before playing with UT.

Comment

I've been coding (albiet, rather lamely), for a little over a year, not including some stuff I did on the Commodore 64. Little bit of a gap there i suppose.

Comment

4 months UScript, 5 years as a pro Visual Basic programmer.

Comment

Taught myself BASIC in 1982. Since then, I taught myself ASM, C, Pascal. I'm not a pro, just a hobby coder. Only started coding UScript early of last year.

Dicky B (Do-It-Yourself kinda guy.. Matter of fact, I just gave myself stitches from a nasty cut [onions, too] with Super Glue, annoying to type right now.. [left middle, in case you're wondering])

ps-It doesn't hurt like I thought it would.. Neither Super Glue sutures, nor UScript..

Comment

Ive been programming for about 7 years. Started with Pascal in high school, moved on to Visual Basic shortly after that. Then I started with C++ about 2 years ago. Started coding uscript a couple months before ut2004 came out.

Comment

I worked with UnrealScript in Rune (UT99 engine) for about 3 years before I took a class. I've been taking classes on and off for 3 years.

Comment

I've been programming (I'm with El Muerte on this one, I dont 'code' unless I'm too lazy to write the more complicated word) for a few years now. I "started" with the old C64 "programs" that came printed on pages of magazines, lol. Those rocked. In my own mind, I really started with java a few years ago, rather poorly too. I started uscript shortly therafter and started making cheat protection for UT99 (screw that "starting with mutators" ****, my motto is ready, shoot, aim!), which I got really good at. Meanwhile, I started taking VB classes in college. VB is a really easy language to learn. After the UT99 exe hooks became popular (and I ran out of ways to catch them without exe memory scanners), I decided to move on to UT2004. I joined a mod team (the one I'm on now), and hoped I could learn enough about the engine fast enough to be useful (again, screw that "starting easy" ****). Currently I'm taking a c++ class in college (already know everything in the book, the class is too slow for me), and am lead programmer for the mod I work on. I guess you could say I learn fast. The truth is, I feel very far behind, and am making a bum rush to get where I feel I need to be. Hopefully that will take me somewhere good.

Comment

Working...
                  X