Menu Tabs, can't replace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu Tabs, can't replace!

Another problem that's taken me a few hours to try to solve but to no avail...

In the settings menu, I'd like to get rid of the little tab graphics. In the texure package 'InterfaceContent' these little tab graphics are called 'BoxTab'. I've located the class which calls on these little guys:

(STY_TabButton)

( class STY_TabButton extends GUIStyles;

defaultproperties
    {
    KeyName="TabButton"
    Images(0)=Material'InterfaceContent.Menu.BoxTab'
    Images(1)=Material'InterfaceContent.Menu.BoxTabWat ched'
    Images(2)=Material'InterfaceContent.Menu.BoxTabPul se'
    Images(3)=Material'InterfaceContent.Menu.BoxTabPul se2' )

and have subclassed it to make my own custom class with my own tab graphics.

Now I've gone into the 'UT2SettingsPage' class and made my own subclass, but the problem is I can't figure out how to link the TabButton class to this so that it will call on my own custom tab textures. I've tried looking at all the gui classes, looked through the code but can't figure out what's wrong. I THINK this is the only place that calls on these tabs (It's in the UT2SettingsPage):

Begin Object Class=GUITabControl Name=SettingTabs
    WinWidth=1.0
    WinLeft=0
    WinTop=0.05
    WinHeight=48
    TabHeight=0.04
    // bFillSpace=True
    OnChange=TabChange;
    bAcceptsInput=true
    bDockPanels=true
    End Object
    Controls(1)=GUITabControl'SettingTabs'

But I'm not sure. If anyone can shed any light on this, it would be great! These menu's are the last bit of coding I need to do, so if this gets solved I'm homefree!

In GUIController, DefaultStyleNames(0)=.

Comment

Any idea what class defines what guicontroller to use?

Comment

I think I may have found it in the GUI class:

var GUIController Controller; // Callback to the GUIController running the show

So now the problem comes in trying to duplicate the classes into my own. I get compile errors saying: Error, Native classes cannot expand non-native classes"

What does this mean, and is there a way around it?

Comment

The GUIController is specified in UT2004.ini, so in your mod it would be set in your mod's system folder's default.ini. For my Tamearia mod:

[Engine.Engine]
          GUIController=TameariaInterface.TameariaGUIControl ler

Comment

Ahhh okay, that's how it's done. I've been doing it a strange way so far but not too late that I can't fix it. The game is launched by starting a map and right after, you are automatically taken to the custom main menu from there. Therefore there isn't any outofhell ini file so I guess I did it the wrong way again! lol I'll search around for the proper way for doing a proper mod structure.

Comment

Yeah, take a look through UT2004.ini, there are a lot of things that are set there as well as User.ini.

Comment

Thanks Angel.

Comment

And for the record, all controls have a StyleName property, which is a string. Set this to the KeyName of your style to link them together. Make sure the style is defined in your GUIController subclass, and make sure its a unique name, or you might end up using some other style.

Comment

Gah, still trying to find information on mod structure but no luck. I was trying to create my own Out Of Hell shortcut using the 'UT2003.exe -mod=OOH' line and an Out Of Hell ini, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any links to tutorials, or walk me through this process?

Comment

No worky for UT2003. Its new to UT2004.

Comment

Ah dangit. Any other way to create my own mod shortcut? I think I need that so that I can have my own ini, and I need that ini to define the guicontroller class.

Comment

the -ini= parameter can be used in your shortcut much like the -mod= can, except it expects a relative path (from the exe) to the ini file itself, not just a word.

Comment

Working...
                          X