I need to learn to make skins and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to learn to make skins and stuff

I need a website that teachs me how to make vehicles and skins.

The best answer is to find the special edition DVD of UT2004, which has an entire DVD of Video Training Modules. If not, you can go to www.3dbuzz.com and find some there. Also, just about all the forums here have a sticky at the top of the first page with a bunch of links, look there. If you don't find what you need, look through some of the threads, because many people have links in their sig that point you to some web sites like you describe.

BTW, The video training modules will teach you the basics, but won't for example, tell you how to lay out the UVs and such. They won't teach you how to draw the texture you want, but rather they will show you how to import it (which is easy enough to figure out with UnreadEd anyways.)

Comment

Yes, UV mapping is needed for vehicles and mesh for that fact.
      I found 3dmax7 works very well, much easier then maya.
      Learn how to use it, and it's worth the purchase.

I have only been using it for a few weeks, and it's brilliant, and I have only skip the surface. With the ActorX plugin max 7 will export skeleton and animation as well, which imports directly to UED.

Comment

I'm trying to leanr MAYA, and I must admit I prefered 3DSM, maybe cause I learned with it...

Comment

Working...
        X