Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MaKing IMAGES poP up when you grab Items!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MaKing IMAGES poP up when you grab Items!

Question number two today

anyway it's all for a good cause as you'll see in not too long hopefully...

I wrote this function for my WeaponPickup Class

class KFWeaponPickup extends UTWeaponPickup;

function RespawnEffect()
    {

}

auto state Pickup
    {
    function DisplaySome****(Canvas C )
    {
    local xPlayer PC ;
    PC = xPlayer(Instigator.Controller);

if ( ValidTouch(PC) )
    {
    C.SetPos((C.SizeX - C.SizeY) / 2,0);
    C.DrawTile( Texture'KillingfloorHUD.ClassMenu.Axe', C.SizeY, C.SizeY, 0.0, 0.0, 512, 512);
    SetRespawn();
    }
    }
    }

Ok now very simply, i want it to display the Texture at the bottom corner of the screen for a second and then fade...so i can have that instead of the big ugly "YOU GOT XXX" colored text that is typical of unreal.

Anyway needless to say my function doesnt quite seem to happen when i pick up said items, so can anyone lend a hand?

As far as I know, draw functions only work on HUD classes. The only way of placing text or textures on screen is by using the HUD Class or an Interaction Class. I could be wrong, but I tried this, and only an interaction worked.

Besides, if you don't want text thene just use

PickupMessage=""

in your pickup class defaults.

Comment

You have to call your function from a HUD class, or somewhere that HAS a canvas. You cant just toss a function in there and tell it that a canvas parameter must go there and expect the engine to call it (but man that would rock!). In other words, you need to find a place with canvas access to call your function from.

BTW, draw functions work from anywhere, but you have to call them from somewhere that gets called every frame (like a HUD), or it will only draw once, which you would barely see.

An interaction would work, since they get render calls. I have an interaction that puts lense flares on a sunlight actor. Pretty cool, too.

Comment

Only thing with weapons would be RenderOverlays, but that's just when they're actually holding the weapon. Otherwise yeah, Interactions.

Comment

Working...
        X