Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spawning a custom actor

k i need a bit of help here

I am making a map that uses some breaking glass techniques for the floor, but i cant use mover since itll bring u with it so i made my own version of a destroyable static mesh with the default properties already to the mesh i want, but the thing i want to do is to spawn that item through some script after x seconds. So once i destroy one mesh, i want it to trigger something to make it respawn after like 5 seconds or so. anybody help me out here? i dont know any UScript at all... I just want it maybe a sub of just actor

Would be better to just hide and disable collisions for a short time than to destroy and spawn a new one.

Comment

how u do that?
      i need it to disapear when u shoot it and then reappear 5 seconds later

Comment

How about a mover that leaves out of view for four seconds and comes back on five?

Comment

the problem with a mover is if ur standing on it, no matter what speed it moves at u stick on it, and the glass in my map is meant to break under u, so it wouldnt work quite right

Comment

Set the following flags on the actor when it's "destroyed"

bHidden = true
            bCanBeDamaged= false
            bCollideActors = false
            bBlockActors = false
            bProjTarget=false

Then set them to the opposite after you want them to "respawn"

Comment

the thing is, i dont know squat in coding, i dont know how to make a script set those or how to spawn/destroy anything

Comment

Working...
              X