.u compile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.u compile

I'm trying to recompile this mutator I've taken apart and it is asking for a sound file. All I did was decompile the .u file of the chute mutator, read over it, tried to recompile it just to see if I remembered how and it is asking me for a sound file. It's the sound the chute makes when it opens. I have no idea where this would be. I didn't change anything. The only other files are the .int, usx, and utx, and there's no file there. So where do I get this sound file from so that I can compile the uc files?

I'm trying to recompile this mutator I've taken apart and it is asking for a sound file.
    ok, i'm assuming you used the UCC BatchExport command to export the script, yes? if so, then also try to extract sounds using UCC BE

Comment

Read this
      http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Do...fault_Packages

Comment

Originally posted by El_Muerte_[TDS]
        Read this
        http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Do...fault_Packages

The chute mut is not a default package

but yeah still it should be in it's own package so that you don't get comptability issues

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
          The chute mut is not a default package

but yeah still it should be in it's own package so that you don't get comptability issues
          doh.. I just read "decompiled .u file" and recompile

Comment

whats ucc be?

Comment

Originally posted by irontomvane
              whats ucc be?
              UCC is somewhat of a command line frontend for UT. you can compile UScript files, decompile packages and many other things.

Comment

ucc = unreal commandline client

Comment

Originally posted by El_Muerte_[TDS]
                  ucc = unreal commandline client
                  aye, that's it
                  <-- not good with anackronims (or spelling for that case )

Comment

I'm still no closer to answer than I was before. I don't know what questions to ask though. I just need to know how to recompile the chute mutator and include the wav file so that it works.

Comment

You should compile it as a seperate file, then you can refer to the sound file in the first package (mind you a user will nedd the first file installed )

Comment

Ok, the problem you are having is that there was a sound file complied into the .u file. This is done with the "exec audio import, blah, blah" lines you see at the beginning of one or more of the classes. The import is only done at the time of compiling, and the game pretty much ignores that line in the code from there on.
                        Anyways, if you open UDE 3.0. under tools you will see advanced exporter, it will export sounds, textures and a few other things from .u packages. Then, you'll just have to ensure they are in the correctly named directories and it should work.
                        If you don't have UDE, It can be found at www.wotgreal.com, and it's well worth the small price.

Comment

You can also open up the .u file in the sound browser in UEd and export it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by ghouck

If you don't have UDE, It can be found at www.wotgreal.com, and it's well worth the small price.
                            If it's just me sorry but your link is broken.:bulb:

edit////////////////took out the comma and it still doesn't work.

Comment

Take out the comma at the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X