runez/holy hand grenade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

runez/holy hand grenade

I would like a mutator that takes a weapon I have already and randomly spawns that weapon around the map. No existing mutators are suitable. Trying to get a holy hand grenade that randomly moves around the map kindof like runez but with just the hand grenade.

there is a holy hand grenade mutator out, but for the other problem....

i would recoomend making new actors of places where it could spawn, or just using pathnodes or summin. getting an in-game check to see if the spot is accessable by players and bots is a bit much i'd think. You could probably write something relitively simply that scans for a pathnode and respawns it there, saving u the trouble of determining if the place is valid.

Comment

that's what runez uses - bot path nodes. I think I am going to code it like that. That is, once I figure out how to decompile .u files and examine the code of both runez and the holy hand grenade.

Comment

make sure to ask permission. Just a nice thing to do.

Comment

what does a .int file do?

Comment

it contains identifying and important information on almost any kind of unreal file for increased speed and efficiency loading packages. it also lets you edit some strings and properties and override some others.

For many kinds of files it is auto-generated, but for .u files, you usually have to make it for yourself.

Comment

It isn't that hard to decompile a file now all you have to do is go into unrealed and export it or even better. use the UDE it has an advanced decompile program that works extremely well however i decompiled a veicle spawning mutator and it didn't work so don't keep my word for it, but it wont crash like unrealed.

Comment

wats the difference between unrealed and ued?

Comment

Like i said with unrealed it crashes if you try to export some of the files. becides the UDE works better at exporting anyway. Cause instead of looking at the code like a tree it lists all of the .u files and you can just click on one and get the code it works great but like i said i have uncompiled some code and tried recompiling it and it doesn't work.

Comment

i always thought UED and UnrealEd were the same....but its never crashed decompiling for me, it can take a while sometimes, but just load the package and export all classes, it will export all the game stuff too, but it will export everything in the packages you have loaded.

Comment

UEd = UnrealEditor
                      UDE = Unreal Development Environment

:bored:

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                        UEd = UnrealEditor
                        UDE = Unreal Development Environment

:bored:
                        He didnt say UDE, he says UED

Comment

oooooooooo UDE!
                          lol
                          kinda missed that one lol, well im sure its fine and good, but it only uses existing ucc functionality, so technically you could do all that with some 1337 batch scripting

Comment

Working...
                          X