Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Fade

Hey,

I know u can fade in and out from any color inside a mitinee sequence. But how can I reach the same thing without using a matinee sequence ?

I made something that allows u to switch between pawns, and between the switching I'd like to have a screenfade. There are some hints like ACTION_Fadeview ( found in the gameplay package ), but I'm not sur ehow to implement it. If this class is used for it at all.

thx
    - Xcal

you could use an hud overlay with the right material

Comment

I foun another way which is quite satisfying.

I adjust the distancefog on command.
      Code:
      exec function flashme()
      {
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogColor.R = 0;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogColor.G = 0;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogColor.B = 0;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogStart = -262144;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogEnd = 16384;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogBlendTime = 1.000000;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.bDistanceFog = true;
      }

exec function unflashme()
      {
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogColor = Pawn.Region.Zone.default.DistanceFogColor;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogStart = Pawn.Region.Zone.default.DistanceFogStart;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogEnd = Pawn.Region.Zone.default.DistanceFogEnd;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.DistanceFogBlendTime = Pawn.Region.Zone.default.DistanceFogBlendTime;
           Pawn.Region.Zone.bDistanceFog = Pawn.Region.Zone.default.bDistanceFog;
      }
      This code should be in an extend from the class engine.playercontroller

The problem with this however is; when u have a custom distance fog applied. They will be overwritten, and I do not know how to restore the original values of that zone. Which is nescesary in case u switch between zones while the screen is fading.

I tried the defaultproperties as shown above, but those defaults are the coded defaults, and not the mapped defaults.

Can I restore the values which were originally given by the map editor. Or do I have to store the original values with the risc of things to screw up while moving through zones ?

- Xcal

Comment

That will have an effect on all players, not just the current player

Comment

That wont matter, it's for a single player mod

Comment

Originally posted by El_Muerte_[TDS]
            you could use an hud overlay with the right material
            I'd prefer El Muerte's idea. Just apply a fading material as a hud overlay. Buh, I can't remember what its called, Material sequence?? That you can trigger via an event, to fade out during pawn changes.

Simple, Sweet, and Excellent. And you don't need to worry about the player leaving zones and messing up fog settings.

Rigear

Comment

I had the fog change finished by the time El Muerte reacted the last time. I showed it to some mates and all prefered my version.
              I made it as a camera effect, though somehow I cannot add it to PlayerControllers CameraEffect array. Though I made a work around to that as well.
              I can now adjust the new FogColor, start distance and end distance by an Alpha byte value ( As the other camera effects like Motionblur )
              In the pics below, the alpha is set by the distance I am from another pawn ( other pawn is behind me )

- Xcal

Comment

The classic sniper rifle fades the screen, you could use that.

Comment

Working...
                X