Clear All

Vehicle Weap, Cam Yaw Constraint?

in my ONSWeapon subclass, I have:

bInstantRotation=False //this allows YawStart/EndContraint to take effect

YawStartConstraint=-32786
    YawEndConstraint=65500
    PitchUpLimit=6000
    PitchDownLimit=59500

This bit of code in the defaultprops, allows the weapon itself to be limited in it's movement.

Now, what I want, is in First Person, my view contrained the same as the weapons movement.

right now as far as I can tell, something is already contraining my pitch view. But my yaw view is 360 deg. My weapons are left/right side, so I have their fire arcs constrained to their respective hemispheres. I've looked through, ONSWeapon, ONSWeaponPawn and Vehicle. Looks like bspecialcalcview should come into play some how, but through scientific method I have eliminated it. I think I might need to tie the cameraview to the weapon? If so how? If not, what's my course of action?

Thanks,

Magnum

The retstraints are in the ONSWeapon class and they only affect the yaw and pitch of the weapon (any yaw restricts you get for the camera are proably you running into geometry...)

Anyhow you can tell the rotation of the ONSWepaon pawn using rotator CurrentAim

You should be able to rewrite your SpecialCalcview (IN the ONSWeaponPawn) to use this instead of PC.Rotation which is what's passed to it normaly

Comment

Thanks again H-Man,

I will look into that soon. I just found I have accessed none issues with my main gun. so I have to fix that before I can move back to the sponsons

Comment

Working...
      X