Team beacon or Team color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Another thing you can do is just attach an Actor to their head bone and display the icon/sprite of the Actor. I did that for the Talking Icon mutator for UT2003. I then learned that people were using it as a "pass me the bomb" attention getter on a bombing run server, pretty cleaver. So the same concept is great for point out a player.

Talking Icon

Source code freely available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks dude. I got it to work. 2am lastnight. Who needs sleep anyways???

RD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ooh, there's something somewhere about using custom teambeacons I messed with when I was modifying mine. I can't remember if it was a necessary step or not. I've slept since then.

[edit] Yeah, in my custom pawn class, I call the custom teambeacon thingy in my custom hud. if you decompile colossians, you can find the stuff. Although there has to be a better way to find the info.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LoL, Yeah I've got the game type working. Even got the bots playing pretty well. All I have now is making it to where people can tell who's it, and I've got to fix the game rules so the person with the least time wins. Also I've got to fix the scoreboard so that the amount of time that you're it shows unstead of showing kills.

I tried DrawCustomBeacon in my hud class but nothing showed up. Do I need to call it from another function or is it called from somewhere allready?

RD

BTW I may have to post the code. I dont have it with me right now though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look around in Hud.uc for DrawCustomBeacon.. When you do your own Hud, and extend it from anything extended from here, you can override DrawCustomBeacon to put anything you want here. I can't see why you can't get it to work, unless you aren't using it.. Or something. Hopefully, you aren't just starting this, and this isn't the first thing you wanted to do.

First thing would be, probably, getting this thing working as far as everyone on one team and one IT. Then how to make IT tag to make someone else IT and the old IT to be Not IT. I wouldn't worry about how anything looks until I got that far, if'n I were you, which I ain't.

Dicky B (then again, maybe it's ME doing things backwards all this time.. I dunno.)

ps-you are hereby fully authorized to decompile Colossians and look at the heresy I committed upon the unsuspecting HudCDeathmatch class concerning What Shows Up Over Yonder Player's Head. (or for any other reason, just as long as you follow the Rules Of Code Shanking: Ask Permission and Give Props.)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Team beacon or Team color

Team beacon or Team color

Hi, I'm working on a UT Tag game type, and I need a way for people to be able yo tell who is IT. I prefer to make everybody one color and make the person who is IT another color. If I can't do that then I would like to at least put a beacon over the person who's IT.
    Does anybody know how to do any of these? Or where I can look in UT's code to find out? I've been searching through the code and even found beacon code for the hud class but I've never gotten it to work.

BTW this is for UT2004

Thanks
    RD
Working...
X