Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If all else fails you can use UEd to see the hierarchy, just make sure you uncheck placable items (or whatever that checkmark is, too lazy to boot UEd)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    If you're looking for a class hierarchy, you can either...
    • Look in the source code. The very first line of (non-comment) code reads something like "class X extends Y", where X could be ShockRifle and Y would be XWeapon.
    • Check out that UnCodeX link in the above post, and go to Class Tree. That has a structured hierarchical overview of which classes are extensions of what.
    If you're looking to find out which files belong together, then there's no easy way to tell. Usually, such files have similar names (ShockRifle, ShockBeam, DamTypeShockthingy), but I know of no way to filter all files having to do with "shock rifle".

If you wish to know the file type extension... all compiled script has .u, all script source has .uc.
    Yeah, I downloaded the source code and it explains A LOT of stuff to me but still... The hard part is figuring out which stuff goes together and which doesn't.

Thanks for all of your replies!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can try the Unreal Development Environment (or UDE).
    I stick with the sources. (also downloadable)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're looking for a class hierarchy, you can either...
    • Look in the source code. The very first line of (non-comment) code reads something like "class X extends Y", where X could be ShockRifle and Y would be XWeapon.
    • Check out that UnCodeX link in the above post, and go to Class Tree. That has a structured hierarchical overview of which classes are extensions of what.
    If you're looking to find out which files belong together, then there's no easy way to tell. Usually, such files have similar names (ShockRifle, ShockBeam, DamTypeShockthingy), but I know of no way to filter all files having to do with "shock rifle".

If you wish to know the file type extension... all compiled script has .u, all script source has .uc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use a program called uncodex it can be found here
    http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UnCodeX

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How about ConTEXT? Is there a feature like that in it? (With the Unreal Ed language plugin)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you were using WOTGreal it'd be as easy as right clicking and hitting Find Active File in Class Tree.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Newbie question

Newbie question

How or where do I find out what something extends? For example, Shock Rifle would be pretty abvious - ShockRifle, ShockBeamFire. What if it's something else? How do I know the extension name?

Thanks.
Working...
X