Karma Physics issue on existing mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks guys. The ball bounces and it bounces very well most of the time. The Krestitution parameter is the bounciness of the ball, but sometimes the physics calculations seem to fail and the ball just sticks to the ground or bounces backwards like it is using spin. I'll look into creating my own object though. I didn't see anything on UDN that was helpful, but I may have missed it. I also looked at the wiki some, but I guess it's time for another look.

Thanks again for the response.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think you'll get Karma to act like a bouncing ball.
    Your best off creating an actor with code to make your ball bounce, just like GIBS do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you could look on udn.epicgames.com or wiki.beyondunreal.com either place might have the answer you need, toherwise IDK.. sorry

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone...... Anyone....... Buehler?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *bump*

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Karma Physics issue on existing mod

Karma Physics issue on existing mod

Hey guys. Trying to troubleshoot a Karma physics issue on the ball. Sometimes it doesn't bounce, or it bounces backwards. On terrain, it acts a bit differently than it does against straight bsp.

Now, if we are just hitting the ball around lightly and it bounces a little, then the physics calculations seem to be right on, but guys have gotten good enough to throw the ball way up in the air (over 2000 units) and very far. I've tried messing with the following parameters of the Karma properties.

KMass = .1 It is very light
    KRestitution = .75 which is a good bounciness
    KFriction = .3
    KAngularDamping =.6 --Default is .2
    KLinearDamping = .1 --Default is .2

I've played around with these settings a lot, but the ball still doesnt' bounce sometimes or it bounces really weird. Does anyone know advanced informationa bout the physics in UT2k4? Is there a way to get in touch with EPIC's staff and go over some of this with them?
Working...
X