Staticmesh question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staticmesh question

in the default properties of this code(from XEffects.u)
    i notice the thing that says StaticMesh=StaticMesh'GibBotHead'
    what is it referencing to and how would i add something like that?

when i open the xeffects.u with WOTgreal or UTPT i can see the GibBotHead in there but how did they add it on to the package and how would i do it while compiling?

//================================================== ==============================
    // GibBotHead.
    //================================================== ==============================

class GibBotHead extends GibHead;

defaultproperties
    {
    GibGroupClass=Class'xBotGibGroup'

TrailClass=Class'BotSparks'

HitSounds(0)=ProceduralSound'WeaponSounds.PGrenFlo or1.P1GrenFloor1'

HitSounds(1)=ProceduralSound'WeaponSounds.PGrenFlo or1.P1GrenFloor1'

DrawType=8

StaticMesh=StaticMesh'GibBotHead'

DrawScale=0.60

Skins=

CollisionRadius=5.00

CollisionHeight=2.50

}

Look at the #exec calls in GibOrganic_rc.uc. That's how they embedded the meshes into the package.

Comment

Just be aware that you dont need a resource class to do this, you can import meshes, textures, sounds, or any other data type into a .u file. They just use the _rc idea from c++, most likely.

Comment

When compiling the compiler loads default resources, xweapons.u, xeffects.u, etc etc.

Since the packages are open and available to the compiler it can reference to a class without having the package name, eg: StaticMesh = StaticMesh'GibBotHead' ; Since GibBotHead is a static mesh in xEffects.u you don't need to reference the class. But if you did not have xEffects.u loaded when compiling, you would get an error, ' could not find "GibBotHead" '.

If you have a package that is not loaded when you compile, you need to add the #exec directive, like:

#exec OBJ LOAD File="xEffects.u" // Which isn't needed btw.

then you could refference to xEffects.u as stated in the default properties.

Or as stated above, import your static meshes to the .U file.

Comment

oh ok, thanks so if its loaded in the parent class it doesn't need to be loaded again

Comment

Working...
          X