Any way to grab text from the web?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to grab text from the web?

Looking at the Community and News page scripts, it looks like it's all done natively, unless I'm missing something. Is there any way to grab text from the net?

I know it's possible. I had scripted textures in UT'99 that would get information from the web. I'm at work now, unfortunately, but when I get home I'll look up how I did that and we can compare notes. :noob:

Comment

No, there's absolutely no posible way to do anything like that

Comment

Woot! Thanks for the linkage. Just have to remember what I wanted to do with it. Something for Tamearia... hmmm... :bulb:

Comment

Dang it, El_Muerte. I get a second to hang up my coat, get the website, and you've already been here!

Ah, well. Guess you have the quicker trigger finger, partner. (what kinda comment/insult is that?!)

Comment

Well, if your link is different go ahead and post it.

Comment

Hmm, if you can grab stuff from the web wouldnt tht mean you could grab stuff from an html file on your hard drive, and then use that to do stuff.

Comment

Sorry, Angel. Same.

FireCrack, Yeh, just IP it to 127.0.0.1 (localhost). Of course, it will expect the service to be running. If you mean directly to the file itself, that's something different.

Comment

Good stuff, one of our programmers was looking for this info as well.

Comment

What about MySQL/SQL?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbird761
                      What about MySQL/SQL?
                      Use PHP to interact with it then link to the PHP pages.

Comment

Working...
                      X