X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Xmas Wishes - For the UT man

Thank you in advance for any help.

I. Menu

What I am trying to do is get a total conversion going. Instead of the normal UT UI or HUD, I would like to have a picture. This "picture" will be "live" meaning the player can hold the cursor over various points on the picture in which map preview pictures and text will appear. A simple click will launch the player to that map.

II. Actions

I want custom animations such as crawling and climbing, etc. These custom actions should be available to all actors. I think what I want to do is relatively simple. The custom actions will be the same for every player so I think I would only have one file with all these custom inputs.

A brief example would be the "climbing" animation should be executed whenever any player finds a ladder. Another would be to take the "Cheer" taunt from ut2004 and bind the animation to a key so the player can hit "H" and the player will execute the action. Of course, I would want more animations/actions the bulk of which would be custom. I am unclear on how to do this. I am assuming that I could just take a default skeleton and animate it with Maya, saving the created single custom action to a "master" player animation file...to make it bindable -for example to "G".

III. Weapons

I would like the player to start with a custom weapon set (weapon slots 1-9 (+0). Would it be possible to have the weapons for slots 1-3 done. Say I took the shieldgun, sniper rifle, and rocket launcher and just put those in the first 3 slots. Of course, I wouldnt keep these but as more weapons are complete, would it be possible to just add new lines for the remaining weapons slots 4-9 and swap out 1-3.

IV. Mutator to Game

Say I plan to have 50 mutators within the game. These will, in the simplest form, be mutators but I want them to always be active ingame. For example, a simple light binded to F for a flashlight. A parachute that is deployable while falling. A simple bind that inputs hitting "X" to do a double jump.

V. Blank Page

What I am basically trying to get is the original gameplay of UT 2004 in a form where I can add new moves, weapons, characters, etc...
    While all of these components and "mutators" are not finished, that is why I want a sort of "blank page (with UT paragraph structure)" to write new.

2. You can already bind keys to taunts that exist....
    3. You can already change what number brings up what weapon
    4. There is a parachute mut our their, and binding double jump to any one key eould comprimise the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
      2. You can already bind keys to taunts that exist....
      I am looking to make new taunts/actions.

"4. There is a parachute mut our their, and binding double jump to any one key eould comprimise the gameplay."

Im using these as examples. The gameplay should not be concerned.

Did I word these questions wrong? This is only my second post with no help given. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

I think what your doing wrong is asking for someone to do the work for you, not so much to help.

1. Download UTXMP or CHAOS UT, they use a new opening screen and UI. Normally MOD can be loaded by using the -MOD command like: c:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe -mod=UTXMP

2. All possible, suggest your visit http://download.beyondunreal.com/ and get some SDK's (Software Development Kit) to help you with this section.

3. you can give a player any weapon you like, it's a simple command like, Pawn.GiveWeapon("XWeapons.ShieldGun");
        You can also give weapons a priority slot : Priority=9 in the default properties.

4. If I understand correctly, you can add as many mutators to a game type upon loading time. Without the need of using the MUTATOR menu.
        Code:
        event InitGame( string Options, out string Error ){
          AddMutator("MyMutator.Mutator",False);
          Super.InitGame(Options, Error);
        }
        5. ??????

Comment

I think that he is asking how he would get those actions accomplished, i.e. what he would have to do to create universal animations for all player models and how to get them to initiate during climbing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shinzon
            I think that he is asking how he would get those actions accomplished, i.e. what he would have to do to create universal animations for all player models and how to get them to initiate during climbing, etc.
            Yes! Exactly.

Comment

Angel Mapper and Bonehed316, this is very similar to the post you replied to about "Starting a Total Conversion"

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=439192

Any light you can shed on this?

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=439934

Comment

Working...
                X