Removing all the enemies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing all the enemies...

How do you go about scripting out all the enemies for a map? I'm tried setting the InitialBots to 0 in my custom DM, but for some reason unless I put the settings to zero through the UT menu it stil will spawn a bot or two in my level. Is there a way to hack aorund this?

I want to do the same thing. And I made it in a gametype by overriding addbot ! So no bot ! But I have to admit there must be a better way.

Since i'm converting my gametype in a mutator I can't override addbot and I'm seaching for another solution...

I tried numplayers and initialbots without success.

Comment

Have you tried turning off Bots Balance Teams?

If this is turned on, I'm guessing it's gonna add a bot to whichever team you are NOT on.

Just as a matter of interest, I've just finished ver 1 of my Bot Manager mut. Allows you add and remove bots from specific teams. i.e. you can add 5 bots to the red team with a 'mutate' call at the console. You can also kill bots from a specific team. i.e. kill 3 bots from the blue team. When adding bots, you can also set their skill and have different skilled bots on the map at the same time.

If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.

Also, do you know anywhere I can send my mut so anyone can download it? I don't have a website

Comment

Sorry man. I don't have any web space sitting around...yet....

I haven't tried turning off Bots Balance Teams. Is that a default property somewhere?

Send me a PM here on the forums and I'mm give u my messanger name

Comment

THe BotsBalanceTeams() I've discovered probably wouldn't do anything since I am dreiving my custom game type from xDeathmatch.

There's got to be some way to change the number of bots. You can do it through the preferences menu, so there's go to be some way to change the preferences menu as soon as the game is loaded, right?

Comment

Well, I actually got the enemies to not spawn by extending my DM class from GameInfo and not rom xDeathmatch. The problem now is that I get an error every time I hit the excape key to pull up my midgame menu. It says something about not having an InternalOnPreDraw function in the UT2K4DisconnectOptionPage...which I'm not even using anyways...

Here's a copy of the error...

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2995 MHz with 510MB RAM
            Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (6693)

Failed to find function InternalOnPreDraw in Class GUI2K4.UT2K4DisconnectOptionPage

History: UObject::ProcessDelegate <- GUIComponent::PreDraw <- (RestrictedDisconnectOptionPage Package.RestrictedDisconnectOptionPage) <- GUIMultiComponent::PreDraw <- (RestrictedDisconnectOptionPage Package.RestrictedDisconnectOptionPage) <- GUIController::NativePreRender <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPreRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Comment

Well, by working backwards I was able to figure out that extending from Deathmatch will remove all the bots as well as allow for a midgame menu. I'm not sure why this si the case, but there it is. If anyone has any idea why this was happening, please drop a line cause I'd love ta know!

Comment

Working...
              X