FIXED FYI: xEmitter Replication issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIXED FYI: xEmitter Replication issue.

I had a problem where I was able to spawn an xemitter class on all clients but when it was time to be destroyed or properties altered it wansn't happening on the clients.

I messed with the replication block, roles, and simulated states/functions and couldn't get it to alter no matter what.

Jumping to conclusion,

I overlooked the issue that the parent xemitter class has bNetTemporary set to True. this means it will spawn the xemitter on the client, give it any immediate value changes, then 'tear off' the actor (thus making it seperate from the server, and no more replication).

Thus putting bNetTemporary=false in my xemitter class, it works fine now.

Simple overlooking on my noobie-learning part, but it's worth the info for anyone else about to quit or bust a blood vessel in your eye over.

Lol, I'm glad you posted your find here, I was just about to go crazy trying to figure this one out. I owe you a shot and a beer for that one.

Comment

That gets me all the time. I begin to think I must have lost all my brainpower, because the code in my subclass is correct. Then I find something like that in a superclass.

Comment

Working...
      X