Vector Calc questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vector Calc questions...

I did not find anythng related to this after searching..

I am going to try to explain this issue so it makes sense

I am changing the location and direction of a Karma actor, and I want to preserve the velocity magnitude, but change the direction.

I have to use KAddImpulse to change the velocity, because it's Karma.

I have having trouble coming up with the calculations to do this...

So what I need is ...

I have original location L, and Vector V
    I need to calculate what values I need for:
    Code:
    myActor.KAddImpulse(NewV, NewL)
    where NewV is the Velocity to apply (sample magnitute as V) and L is the location to apply it. I figure worst case scenario, I can use NewL vector(0,0,0), which is the center of mass.

The key is that if the actor is moving backwards, I want it to still move backwards after it is moved, even if it rotation (specifically Yaw) has changed...

eh, I dont know exactly the scale that karma uses (nor do I think anyone else will), but I know that the location you give it is going to be used somehow as the location to apply the force from. In this way, your karma actor might start to rotate if you apply a tangential force (read: torque).

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehed316
      eh, I dont know exactly the scale that karma uses (nor do I think anyone else will), but I know that the location you give it is going to be used somehow as the location to apply the force from. In this way, your karma actor might start to rotate if you apply a tangential force (read: torque).
      Yes the location is the point at which the force is applied (and a vector of 0,0,0 is used to apply the force at the objects center of mass). This info can be found in the Unreak Wiki. I was hoping someone could help with the actual calculations noted above.

Comment

Working...
      X