COMPLICATED Mutator Ideas needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMPLICATED Mutator Ideas needed

Hey, I want to tax my knowledge of UnrealScript and bring it to the next level.

For this, I need ideas for a mutator (for UT2004) that would be difficult to code. I'm having trouble of thinking of ideas, so any input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Here's an idea I was going to try,,,until I realized how hard it would be. The idea was to make a kind of "rip in the time space continum" weapon. To get an idea of what I mean, take a look at the "Gravity Vortex" weapon (Sorry, I don't have a link). It's really awesome looking. Anyways, instead of sucking in everything nearby, I was thinking it could spit out ammo and weapons, and maybe some weapons fire(Rockets and shockballs, ect). It'd be kind of a trade-off, lots of damage to the enemy, but in the end, it'll actually supply them with weapons and ammo (unless you take over their position right away, then the weapons and ammo is all YOURS).
    The tough part (for me anyways), would be in making it only expell weapons, ammo, and weaponsfire that was already on the map, to make it more realistic.

Comment

The vortex itself already exists in UnrealScript code and finding all weapons and ammo pickups on a map is a matter of using ForEach AllActors() and a dynamic array to store your findings.

Comment

if you want to take it a little higher you may want to move from mutators to gametypes. Making your own gametype usually involves a lot more coding than a mutator, and I think overall will be more difficult than most mutators.

Comment

Ok, which class do I extend for a gametype? I'm guessing DeathMatch or one of the team classes (name escapes me at the moment) but I'm not sure.

Also, do you know of any tutorials on how to do that?

Comment

Working...
          X