Better Boat Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    My current boat code doesn't handle land collisions all that well - sometimes the boat takes damage, sometimes it doesn't. Occasionally the player needs to enter and exit the boat in order to get the boat to move. The boat currently doesn't handle all that well - it can turn in place as opposed to turn based on speed, etc. The AI can't seem to drive the boat either due to nav points (I tried all) or nav point placement (they are all connected....). Other than that the boat floats, sinks when it takes enough damage, supports turret or fixed cannon, and has walkable decks(with proper collision).

URL to the boat code...

boat code

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well for someone to offer you better boat code, they would first have to know how good the code you have is. If you do a search, you can find some Boat Code written by Mr. Slate in this forum. Also, I made a boat with a modified HoverCraft code.

You can check these out if you havnt.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Better Boat Code?

Better Boat Code?

Has anyone developed better boat code? I have some somewhat working boat code but I believe the code tree has come to a dead-end. I won't be able to make it better without rewriting vasts amount of code.

I don't want to base the code on any other mod due to portability, etc. Why download a 130mb file to use a 5mb boat?
Working...
X