Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 things I need to know(Vehicles and Compiling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 things I need to know(Vehicles and Compiling)

1. How do I keep drivers from being ejected when the Scorpion gets flipped?

2. Is there any way to make a sound file compile in with the UC files when compiling(I already know how to get textures in, just need to know how to do sounds)

3. Is there a limit to how high the TorqueCurve InVal can be set?

1) check the original scorpion code. there is something in the defaultprooperties like bEjectWhenFlipped or something.

2) i dont know

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisr
      1) check the original scorpion code. there is something in the defaultprooperties like bEjectWhenFlipped or something.
      Nothing came up

Comment

1. bEjectPassengersWhenFlipped=True

This is found in ONSVehicle and is inherited by the scorpion, just have yours set to false

2. The following worked in UT, should in 2004....(found on http://wiki.beyondunreal.com )
        Import

Sounds can be imported in a similar way to textures. Imported sounds must be no higher quality than 22,050 Hz, 16 bit mono, and must be uncompressed PCM WAV.

Syntax:

#exec AUDIO NAME=NameForSoundToImportAs FILE=PATH\TO\SomeSound.wav GROUP=SomeGroup

NAME
        Name the sound is imported as.
        FILE
        Path to the sound being imported. Paths are local to the root of the package directory.
        GROUP
        (optional) Name of the group the sound is classified under (used in, for example, the UEd Sound browser.)

Imported sounds are addressed as PackageName.GroupName.SoundName, and are available via UnrealEd after PackageName is loaded in the Actor browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
          1. bEjectPassengersWhenFlipped=True

This is found in ONSVehicle and is inherited by the scorpion, just have yours set to false
          :\ Looks like I'm gonna have to "clone" that like I did with the scorp
          Oh well, I think it'll be worth it

2. The following worked in UT, should in 2004....(found on http://wiki.beyondunreal.com )
          Import

Sounds can be imported in a similar way to textures. Imported sounds must be no higher quality than 22,050 Hz, 16 bit mono, and must be uncompressed PCM WAV.

Syntax:

#exec AUDIO NAME=NameForSoundToImportAs FILE=PATH\TO\SomeSound.wav GROUP=SomeGroup

NAME
          Name the sound is imported as.
          FILE
          Path to the sound being imported. Paths are local to the root of the package directory.
          GROUP
          (optional) Name of the group the sound is classified under (used in, for example, the UEd Sound browser.)

Imported sounds are addressed as PackageName.GroupName.SoundName, and are available via UnrealEd after PackageName is loaded in the Actor browser.
          Looks like the same method as importing textures/tga's

Coolness, thanks

Comment

You can use a mutator to set this as well...
            Code:
            function bool CanEnterVehicle(Vehicle V, Pawn P)
            {
                if (Vehicle.v == class'ONSRV')
                    v.bEjectPassengersWhenFlipped=False;

if( NextMutator != None )
            		return NextMutator.CanEnterVehicle(V, P);

return true;
            }

Comment

Oh, it turns out I could just put bEjectPassengersWhenFlipped=False into the vehicle's def properties

Comment

It was umm sorta stated here that it was already in the defaultproperties and you could just change it... lol

And pretty much most (all?) property sort of variables like that are set in defaultproperties anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                  Oh, it turns out I could just put bEjectPassengersWhenFlipped=False into the vehicle's def properties
                  Don't you just *love* it when you want to do something, and the fine folks at Epic thought of it and made it easy?

Dicky B (better than Christmas, at least when you're older than about 14 or so)

Comment

When I first started that bit, I found the eject line in ONSVehicle and assumed it had to stay there
                    But I figured copy it into my vehicle's code and it worked, so

Comment

The joy of OOP, a child inherits every variable and function from it's parent, even if it does not have the variable set within it's own defaultproperties

Comment

RARGLEFARGLINGTHAOEJALKDOIVNALKGHDSJKLAJEOUQNLELFH AGOZYUOZGYOUIOUFQOIFE!!!!!

All I want now is to have a red vehicle outside of blue base and a blue vehicle outside of red base, but NOOOOOOOOO it's not as easy as "Team=Red"
                        You have to subclass the factory first, then have the vehicle spawn from that and god knows what else

How freaking hard would it be to add a "bTeamAlignment=0(Red)/1(Blue)"??!

Comment

You mean, kind of like ONSVehicleFactory.TeamNum = 0 (red) or 1 (blue), or ONSVehicle.Team = 0 (red) or 1 (blue)?

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
                            You mean, kind of like ONSVehicleFactory.TeamNum = 0 (red) or 1 (blue), or ONSVehicle.Team = 0 (red) or 1 (blue)?
                            I think I may have brainfarted when doing earlier testing...
                            I originally had Team=0 but it never seemed to have any effect

You also have to remember this is for a vCTF map, so team designations are kinda screwy...

If this works, it'll save me one hell of a headache
                            I was starting to worry I'd have to do some C++ coding to get this to cooperate

[Edit]TeamNum=0/1 returns a error: Unknown property in defaults: TeamNum=1

I'd pretty much like to keep this as simple as possible without having to go into major coding

[Edit2]Team= added to defprops has no effect

Comment

The factories have their team set by the gametype when they are spawned (based on how close they are to the flag) you should be able to override that hwoever...

Comment

Working...
                              X