UT2004: ONSArtilleryCannon on the back of a hellbender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004: ONSArtilleryCannon on the back of a hellbender

Ok, So I've stuffed an ONSArtilleryCannon on the back of a hellbender but I've got two problems.

Firstly, the mortar shell(wich I have tried modifying to no avail) if shot far enough will explode in the air but will NOT release any other projectiles, thats the way I found it. But I don't want it to release any anyway, however I can't seem to stop it from destroying itself in midair, I've removed the timer stuff, commented stuff out, etc. Even set its lifespan longer, nothing works.

Secondly, when a player switches to the cannon in the back, the player's pawn is not held in that position in the hellbender, it just stays where it was first set from being put in the back seat, so if you just drive the bender away the pawn stays back until you switch seats or get out. How can this be fixed?

- Sevalecan Dragon

I've fixed the pawn left behind thing by setting a GunAttachmentBone, but I still cant figure out the mortar shell

Comment

Try changing Weaponcharge in ONSArtillerCannon

Comment

That did not appear to help :/ Any more ideas?

Comment

It would be really helpful to know what "stuff" you erased or commented out.

It seems to me that the LifeSpan is the only thing that actually dictates the time the shell lasts for.

Code:
          //An outline of the code from ONSArtilleryCannon
          P = spawn(ProjClass, self, , StartLocation, WeaponFireRotation);

if (P != None)
              {
                  if ( !P.IsA('ONSMortarCamera') )
                  {
                     if (MortarCamera != None)
                      {
                      }
                      else
          	P.LifeSpan = 2.0;
               }
          So walking through this code, a MortarShell is spawned, and aslong as that succeeds it goes on to check if that it is not a MortarCamera ... since your not using a camera it will continue into this clause... you arent using the camera at all so it will skip to the ELSE section of "mortarcamera != none"... the only thing left is P.LifeSpan = 2.0...

To be honest if you change that there you should have no problems? Did you just set LifeSpan in the defaultproperties or did you change this in the code?

Comment

Ah that did the trick, thanks. I had not seen that part of the code before.

In fact, to be honest I didn't take much of a look at the code of the cannon itself...

Comment

Working...
            X