Controlling the player with Matinee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh taht's a cool link but I actually know how to do an AIScript...I just want to tie that script to the player (as in the REAL player....). So I basically want to transfer control of the player pawn to the matinee and then give it back (or in most cases just load a new level which I already can do).

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.legionslayer.com/machinim..._Tutorial.html

This should get you started with AIScripts. Also, do a Google on UDN and AIScript to hit complementary info.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, that's just it. I guess the meat of the question is: how do I control the player via an AI Script? I can sync up Matinee and the script with just a little math so that's not a problem. I just need a way to control the player.

If I can do this, man it would be spectacular!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One possible way: if you are using an AIScript to control your player and the last action is to trigger matinee, can't you just add more actions to the player's script?

Also, you can trigger events FROM matinee. Under the Scene tab, you can trigger events when matinee begins. Also the Actions or Sub-actions tabs, I think you can trigger events during the matinee.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You'd have ti find some way to record a set of movements and be able to play them back with the manitee sequence. I know there's gotta be a way to this becuase I've seen manitee movies where they can control the moement and actions of pawns from the 3rd person perspective. Don't know how to offhand, but I'll keep my eyes peeled...

I'd start by looking for fanfilms made in manitee and see if you can get the source code off somebody to look at....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know the player can activate it. I have that setup already. I want the player to be IN it. Right now the player triggers the matinee but i have to use another pawn to do the movements...I want those movments to happen to the player.

Say I want the player ("him") to walk to a location. When he steps on the trigger, this is exactly what shoudl happen. Control is taken away from the player and given to Matinee for the duration of the sequence so I can make the player jump, shoot, etc.

Does that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, the player can trigger a Matinee sequence. Set the trigger's Events->Event to the Tag of your Matinee. That should work.

Google for UDN Matinee for solid tutorials on Matinee.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've just started working myself on something similar. I should begin researching it ina few days. I'll elt u know fi I caome up with anything...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Controlling the player with Matinee?

Controlling the player with Matinee?

Ok so I am trying to figure out if it is possible to control that actually player in a Matinee sequence. By player I mean the actual person that, in Unreal, the person playing the game, is playing as (err, I hope that wasn't too vague ).

Now I have been able to add an AI Script to a pawn, but it looks ghetto and unseamless becuase I want the player (of the game) to step on a trigger and then have Matinee take over the controls so when the Matinee starts it is seamless and it works out right and the actual player is a part of the cutscene (these are for short level transitions).

Any ideas? Is the possible?
Working...
X