Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a Very Skilled Scripter that wan'ts to help me with coding my helix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a Very Skilled Scripter that wan'ts to help me with coding my helix.

I'm Hyperforce and i'm making a flying vehicle called the Helix.

you can DL version 1 here if you wanna take a closer look :http://www.ut2003hq.com/downit2.php?ID=5031

anyway...

This is why I need help:

1. I need help with the ITEMS in my plane.
    ONLINE they spawn but don't stay in the vehicle and just keep
    floating in the sky on the X Y Z axis where they where
    spawned in, I think I need some kind of set base for
    them to stay in there shafts...

2. The Animation that opens and closes the rear door (and in
    version 2 extends and retracts the landing gear) doesn't show
    up ONLINE for otehr people (The host can see the animation
    but The guests can't.

3. If the driver switches to 2de seat I need the vehicle to keep
    floating like the cicada does. (Tryed to get this done but It
    didn't work out.

4. I need a system that when a scorpion
    drives into the rear of the Helix and the driver closes the rear
    door the scorpions settings get disabled (mass, weapons ext.)
    and it gets locked to a sertain point in the vehicle so It won't
    start moving and fall out of the bird and won't make the
    helix do al crazy stunts because of its mass (like hanging
    sideways). It should only except ONSRV's (scorpion's).
    And only one at the time.
    When the rear door opens the Scorpion gets released and can
    drive out of the rear.

5. When the vehicle is closed and and the driver exits his seat
    open up the rear door.
    So any scorpion in it will be released and the landing gear will
    extend.

This are the things I need help on and as you can see Its quite a lot.
    If anyone is interested in helping me with this and seeing his name on the vehicle contact me at : hyperforce99@hotmail.com
    I'm looking forword working with you.

Thx,
    Hyperforce

This sounds good.

Q1.
    bHardAttach=True in the default properties is needed, you will need to use SetBase function, but if you want the item to stay in one place inside the Helix, I think you will need bones for that, or better yet, take a look at the Grenade code (used by the ONS Grenande launcher) since the grenande sticks to a player and moves with it, guess that's what you need.

Q2.
    Animation will need to be replicated to clients, unreal Wiki and UDN have tuts on Animation.

As for the rest, good luck.
    I d/led your vehicle and will have a looksee.

Comment

Your vehicle looks extremely nice! In single player mode though (all I can play with my slow internet) I doubt it would be a very interesting addition since the bots wont work that well with it.

Comment

Well i'm gonna try to learn the bots how to controll it after the bugs are fixed.

(mmmh Thx for the help Morphias, I think the rear door Anim will work out now )

Comment

I still need help with the other things do so any help I can get is welcom

Comment

Do you plan on making it, that the scorpion driver can enter the second seat of the helix by exiting his scorpion by pressing 'E'?

Comment

Originally posted by YourMaster
              Do you plan on making it, that the scorpion driver can enter the second seat of the helix by exiting his scorpion by pressing 'E'?
              I'm trying to make a system that will lock the scorpion in the helix IF the scorpion is in the cargo bay and IF the driver closes the rear door.

Unset the scorpions settings and then setbase it.

But any way that will cause the same effect is fine with me.

In other words the scorpion should be locked in the Helix so it can't move and the helix's pilot can carry it around untill he releases it.

Comment

Yes, I understand your question.
                What I was wondering is if besides the -lock in place scorpion- you'll will make an aditional feature that I descriped.
                But I assume you wont.

Comment

I won't code it for you but I can just about tell you what you need to do. First off is a simple fix for stopping the scorpion from going through the door. Im willing to be you dont have a collision box attach to a bone in the door. If you don't you need to attach one to it. Make sure the collision box wont hit any other collision as it moves. Im not sure if it will cause problems but it's best to not have your collision boxes try to overlap while moving. As far as your other problems id need to talk to you about it. If you have any messaging program you can reach me on either of these. AIM: Capstoned82 MSN: dustinsothercomp@hotmail.com.

Comment

Originally posted by YourMaster
                    Yes, I understand your question.
                    What I was wondering is if besides the -lock in place scorpion- you'll will make an aditional feature that I descriped.
                    But I assume you wont.
                    mmmh srry... well it could indeed be usefull because its hard to exit the scorpion when its in the helix unless your parked between the doors.

Well If the lock system turnes out fine I might give it a try.

I won't code it for you but I can just about tell you what you need to do. First off is a simple fix for stopping the scorpion from going through the door. Im willing to be you dont have a collision box attach to a bone in the door. If you don't you need to attach one to it. Make sure the collision box wont hit any other collision as it moves. Im not sure if it will cause problems but it's best to not have your collision boxes try to overlap while moving.
                    well I've added you to my msn cause I don't really get what your saying.
                    I hope i'll see you there.

Comment

Talking just on animations getting replicated, take a look at the SetAnimAction function. The animation name that gets passed through this function will cause the variable on the client-side to change, causing the clients to play the animation.

Unfortunately, you can't use this function like a regular PlayAnim function, as you have to change the animation variable again before it gets shown on the clients.

ie:
                      Code:
                      SetAnimAction('PlayDoorOpening');
                      FinishAnim(0);
                      SetAnimAction('IdleAnimation');

Comment

Working...
                      X