coding a medical locker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coding a medical locker ?

Hi Folks ... i've been working on my own ONS map for a while now and i have come to the point where i need to do some coding and just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.
    I've made a model (mesh) of a medical locker and i am trying to make it so when a player stands next to it and presses the use button it gives 10 health - i'm a UScript noobie but i have managed to get it working (sort of) by using a Volume and coding it so that every time a player touches the volume it dishes out 10 health (by using event Touch(Actor Other)) but this is becoming a pain in the *** to use.
    Up to now i've been able to find virtually zero about setting it up to use a "use" trigger so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please

thanks - SteeleR

I know the 3d buzz video tuts have a lot of stuff about volumes and tying volumes to triggers. I'd do some research on triggers and volumes on the wiki and on udn, then take a look at those tuts. TYing the two together can be alittle weird, but just make sure you have the events and names tied together correctly and it should work fine.

Comment

I think there is an event called usedby in the base actor class. That should be able to do what you want.

Comment

Thanx for the feedback folks

I will have a dig around on the UDN and Wiki, I have actually looked their before and i've seen a tutorial for ut2004 from 3dbuzz on setting up a trigger so when activated it outputs your health status to the Log window by using EventInstigator .. but i couldn't manage to turn it into something that worked for my situation cos of my lack of coding ability .... i'll do some searching and see what i can find(learn) :noob: .. thanx again folks !

Comment

Working...
        X