Rhyme/Reason to layering graphics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Im not 100% sure but as far as I know internaction overlays will always render above your HUD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the link. I think from what I've played around with that interactions tend to pop up on top of hudpasses. I'm not sure why, but that's how it is I guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can find all the info you need on the wiki. http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Mo..._For_UT2K3/HUD

As far as layering goes, you have 4 passes that are called in order. First pass is on bottom, last pass is on the top.

simulated function DrawHudPassA (Canvas C); // Alpha Pass
    simulated function DrawHudPassB (Canvas C); // Additive Pass
    simulated function DrawHudPassC (Canvas C); // Alpha Pass
    simulated function DrawHudPassD (Canvas C); // Alternate Texture Pass

Keep in mind the render style of your images come into play, for example: You cant render an image with a style of STY_Alpha in PassB, you have to render it in A, C, or D. These functions are called automatically through native code so theres no need to make a call. Just pop your draw functions in the passes.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Rhyme/Reason to layering graphics...

Rhyme/Reason to layering graphics...

Is there any logic to how or when things are placed onto the hud? For example, if I have two graphics and one is called before the other one, does it operate like a stack where the first called object will be behind the other?

And what happens if you call graphics from other classes, like calling a graphic from the HUD class and then from an interaction. WHich shows up on top?
Working...
X