help making a boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help making a boat

I'm attempting to create a simple boat that has constant forward thrust and the player can just steer it left and right. I found the code listed in this post:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=404900

It looks to be what I need, but I'm having trouble implementing it. Since this is my first try at a vehicle, I'm just trying different thigns that aren't working. For example, I tried just creating a class that extends this boat class and wasn't abstract, and placed the actor into the level. Once the actor was placed in the level, I tried to assign a random vehicle static mesh to it, but it didn't work as planned. If somebody could just give me a push in the right direction, I'd appreciate it...

My sig contains a link to some working boat code. Check it out and see if it can help you. (Well, ok its not 'boat' code, but it acts like a boat)

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Are you referring to the speedboat in your sig? If so, then is there any other way to get the source besides opening the .u file in a text editor? There seems to be a whole lot of code I'd be modifying , as I just need a boat that floats and constantly moves forward.

Comment

Working...
      X